Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

1131415161719»

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:76bf316b-0732-4dfd-9c27-f54975b88e39">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I have no idea what I weigh now.  But it was telling me I was overweight/obese when I was like 120.  I have no idea where it was, but I had searched for a BMI online.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The best way to see if you're at an unhealthy weight is to have your physician assess you...your doc knows you, if you are truthful with him or her...</div><div>
    </div><div>That's one of the things that Steffii said that really ticked me off...her line about one of her doctors BELIEVEING she was at 1000 cals a day..</div><div>
    </div><div>How the hell does a patient think that their doctor can treat them properly, if the patient is lying?  I have all kinds of shiiiit that I'm embarrassed about, smoking is one of those things, but I'd rather sit through a lecture then get misdiagnosed because I lied.</div><div>
    </div><div>Now, back to my paper...uggg.</div>
  • That ticks me off too.  I'm even honest when my dentist asks me how often I floss!  If there's one person to tell the truth to about your health issues, it's your doctor! I can't imagine she's getting proper treatment for her issues if she's lying about her food intake.  Of course she ended up in the hospital, with that caloric intake!  I bet she hasn't told her doctor about those diet pills too.  Hope there isn't a conflict between that and her medications.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:c58b9670-2450-4090-9073-a1da9858984f">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : If it makes you feel any better I get to sit at work for another 3 hours.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]
    Ugh - that just makes me feel bad for you!  The intern showed up a half hour early, which was actually great.  Now I  get to leave in a few minutes!
    imageAnniversary
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I understand both about the difference between overweight/obese (it has been a long time, I don't remember anymore), and going to the doctor.  I just hate going because I get uncomfortable. So I haven't gone to a general physician in years. Just this past Decemeber I started going to a GYN, but that was to get on birth control (mainly). That's been the only doctor I have seen in a long time.  Honestly, I think some (not all, certainly not all) of my weight has been because of my BC.  It is a known side-effect and I totally failed in my own expectations of exercising.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's been great talking ladies (whoever's left!) - I'll be back soon.  Thanks for making me feel welcome!
    imageAnniversary
  • It's been great talking ladies (whoever's left!) - I'll be back soon.  Thanks for making me feel welcome!
    imageAnniversary
  • rsanna - I have IL's in Papillion.  I'll be out in your neck of the woods this summer. 

I'm the last person on Earth to give dieting/healthy eating advice to anyone but the remark about lying to her doctor just floored me. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:065bca44-be63-4cff-a428-f158c106c3ba">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand both about the difference between overweight/obese (it has been a long time, I don't remember anymore), and going to the doctor.  I just hate going because I get uncomfortable. So I haven't gone to a general physician in years. Just this past Decemeber I started going to a GYN, but that was to get on birth control (mainly). That's been the only doctor I have seen in a long time.  Honestly, I think some (not all, certainly not all) of my weight has been because of my BC.  It is a known side-effect and I totally failed in my own expectations of exercising.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I hate going to the doc too, esp the GYN, but as uncomfortable as it is, I figure not catching a disease until it's almost too late, and having to go through an even more intense treatment than what would have been required had it been diagnosed early, would be so much more uncomfortable than an annual exam.</div><div>
    </div><div>I have a peer, someone I went to school with who is dying from stage 4 cancer...he's 45 like me, and he ignored symptoms because he hates doctors. So his final days will see him in pain and feeling guilt. It's so damn sad.

</div>
  • rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Girlie - I would make some smart remark about the heat, but I think I am just grumpy because I feel like the office is overly hot today.  And it hasn't been too bad yet, just got hotter a lot sooner than usual.  Hopefully the weather is nice when you come.

Lizzie - That is a really good point.  I think ignoring symptoms is a bad idea and my FILs are both doctors so I can't not go forever.  I think part of me just wants to get settled down and not have to switch. I dislike the idea of having to switch doctors even more than going.  Yeah, I am weird.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Midge-have a FAbulous weekend.
          I confess that I want a baby desperately-so badly that I briefly entertained thoughts about an ex who is in an open marriage since FI is infertile. I couldn't so this because FI is not that interested in having kids-which he didn't decide until we were several years into the relationship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:6023f7d7-f02d-43e0-9b96-2a0eeea2c90e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge-have a FAbulous weekend.       I confess that I want a baby desperately-so badly that I briefly entertained thoughts about an ex who is in an open marriage since FI is infertile.<strong> I couldn't so this because FI is not that interested in having kids-which he didn't decide until we were several years into the relationship.</strong>
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]
    Then why are you still engaged?
  • wrigleyville-I found that out after an illness caused a miscarriage and also a chronic medical condition that at my age would make the baby's chances for being born healthy middling at best. My 45th birthday was this year, and I just having trouble letting go of the baby thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards