Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Reasonably Priced Wedding Planners in the DFW??!!

I currently trying to plan a wedding in DFW, but I live in Galveston TX and I'm in nursing school full time! I don't have much free time to plan a wedding especially since I will be living 4hrs away from my venue. Could someone please help me out wth some suggestions/referral for a good reputable but reasonably priced planner!!

Re: Reasonably Priced Wedding Planners in the DFW??!!

• edited December 2011
    I currently trying to plan a wedding in DFW, but I live in Galveston TX and I'm in nursing school full time! I don't have much free time to plan a wedding especially since I will be living 4hrs away from my venue. Could someone please help me out wth some suggestions/referral for a good reputable but reasonably priced planner!!
  • chrmunchrmun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should probably try your local board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_reasonably-priced-wedding-planners-dfw?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a7182890-3f42-4b10-81e2-dfd5c6b4595dPost:6d50e259-f3f8-406d-9528-c5e11b738790">Re: Reasonably Priced Wedding Planners in the DFW??!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should probably try your local board.
    Posted by chrmun[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I find Weddingwire.com really helpful for vendor reviews.  You can search by zip code there.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    We have a vendor site with a lot of the coordinators that have been used here.  What is your budget for a coordinator?  When I started planning, I didn't think I'd pay what I am for full-service coordination, but it's been one hundred percent worth it!  You might also consider day-of or month-of services with some consultations if you think you'll be able to come up to visit.
    Anniversary

• fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you looking for a planner that is local to you or here?  I priced around all over and the most reasonable I could find was Jennifer @ Altar Ego Weddings, but I'm sure you could find someone cheaper if you went with a newbie.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Jennifer with Altar Egos and LOVE her.  Because she runs her own business without any overhead (like zilch) she is able to keep her prices extremely low in comparison to others while maintaining the same level of service.   Think $500 on average cheaper.  She is just our DOC but is already helpin with other areas and answers emails at lightning speed. 

• winechic25winechic25 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Significant Events of Texas, I am working with Emily Mead, and she is awesome and Meredith Commender is the owner and super fabulous as well!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    My wedding planner wasn't the cheapest, but she also wasn't the most expensive.

She was worth EVERY penny.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I met with a girl named Christy Record with Swank Soiree early on.  You might check her out.  She was nice and had beautiful pics of weddings, we just didn't click the way I did with Meredith.
    Anniversary

• pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Carolyn Brown of Weddings By Carolyn
    http://www.weddingsbycarolyn.com/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Melanie, my name is Lucy and I specialize in "Day of or Month of" coordination. I typically step in about 4-6 weeks prior to the wedding and I offer a very affordable flat rate for my services with no hidden charges. I have 10+ years in the event planning industry and I would love the opportunity to help turn your dream wedding into a reality. Please contact me to discuss if you are interested in having a professional assist you with the final details of your special day. I can assist you with as little or as much as you need...you will be glad you did.

Thank You,
    Lucy Hernandez
    214-384-9623
  • edited December 2011
    Bad Vendor!  You are not allowed to post here.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I'm writing her number down!

Next time I go to a bridal show...that will be my "number".:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards