Illinois-Chicago

DJ Recommendations?

I'm a horrible procrastinator, and I've missed out on my first two choices for a DJ (Toast and Jam, DJ Chicago) by waiting too long. Now, I'm sadly having to start my search over.

I'm looking for:
- Under $1,000
- Doesn't play chicken dance, hokey pokey, YMCA, We Are Family, etc.
- Sticks closely to play/do not play lists given to them
- Doesn't charge for travel to southwest suburbs
- Doesn't try to "entertain" by playing games, dancing, having costumes, etc.  

Basically, we want someone who will play great music and do some announcing.  I think that about sums it up!  We're kind of picky, and I'm hoping we can find someone great who is still available for June.

Thanks ladies!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: DJ Recommendations?

• ARJ6511ARJ6511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Stevie Dee from Operation Get Down. He was AMAZING!!! We loved all of our music and so did our guests. I would suggest giving him a call! 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • ltleenltleen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Windy City Mix! We haven't had our wedding, but we've met/booked with them, and they're great!

They're within your budget.
    They don't play any of that crap like the Hokey Pokey and don't do the weirdo games or entertainment.
    They have not charged us for travel about an hour away from their location in Elmwood Park (and we're also in the southwest burbs).
    They offer the option to have must/do not play lists. We took a more flexible approach in that we're cool with letting them make some decisions about what to play, but I bet they'd be willing to work with you if you wanted to be more strict.
    The owner is super responsive and easy to work with.

• edited December 2011
    We booked Answer Back Entertainment. They have a do and do not play list. They don't talk over the music and will not play anything you don't want them to. We seen them at a friends wedding and really liked them. They kept the reception going the entire night and they did play a great selection of music. Their website is www.abdjs.com they are out of will county.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if he charges for travel to your area, but Steve Rogalla of All-Pro music is our DJ. He has been FANTASTIC to work with, and seems very open to whatever the bride & groom desire.

http://www.all-promusic.com/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    music by design us absolutely fabulous. they did my brothers wedding and will be doing mine as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your Night Productions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • daizee32daizee32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sounds Abound.  They did my sister's wedding and were great.
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    The Main Event is fantastic! One of the owners is a recent bride herself, so they definitely understand.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheMainEventMusic  Their facebook focuses a lot on their karaoke gigs, but they are fantastic with just dj music for private parties, especially weddings. I've been to 3 weddings they've done, very professional.

themaineventmusic@gmail.com
    708-369-9903

• pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly refer Jorge at Creative Sounds Chicago. www.creativesoundschicago.com
    Very professional, you can tell he's been doing it for years and his pricing is very reasonable. Def. worth checking him out!
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely check out windy city mix djs!  They are super responsive with every single question...small or big and love their personalilties.  More of a modern upbeat type of company and yes, the owner is fantastic about helping out.  http://www.windycitymix.com

HTH,
  • edited December 2011
    I second Music by Design! They did our wedding and I chose all the music. Music is very important to me, I really believe it sets the mood for any event.

They were fantastic, they did our ceremony and reception and David helped me out in the 11th hour when I had a hard time chosing music for the bridesmaids to process to and the grand entrances songs.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards