Wedding Party

XP: Bridal Luncheon

I have a question about who is supposed to host the bridal luncheon. I thought the bride was supposed to host this to show her appreciation for her wedding party. One of my bridesmaids wants to host it, which is VERY sweet of her, but I think maybe she's doing something that I should be doing for her. I told her this (actually her mom who was asking me about it), and she said "NO! They are supposed to do this to make me feel special." I told her that they already make me feel special, but she wouldn't really hear more about it. lol What do y'all think?
Anniversary

Re: XP: Bridal Luncheon

• Another question :-)

If this is something I'm supposed to do, how do you suggest I handle it? Should I just graciously accept it? Or should I let them know that I really appreciate it, but this is my opportunity and place to make THEM feel special?
    Anniversary
  • This is the one exception that a bride has to host a party--as in this would be the only party that it is appropriate for you to host.  However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your friends wanting to host this as well.

Of all the bridal luncheons that I have been too, including my own, someone other than the bride hosted it.  So, it's really up to you.

• I think it is fine if you host the party and it is also fine if your bridesmaid hosts the party.  Since she has already offered, I think you should accept.  It's really nice of her to offer, and her feelings might be hurt if you decline and host it yourself.

• bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_xp-bridal-luncheon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b7535235-c5d1-48bc-bf1a-2616de2735adPost:1c13c73b-f185-4ab4-b81d-a5e3f5474f5b">Re: XP: Bridal Luncheon</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is fine if you host the party and it is also fine if your bridesmaid hosts the party.  Since she has already offered, I think you should accept.  It's really nice of her to offer, and her feelings might be hurt if you decline and host it yourself.
    Posted by rebarobert2012[/QUOTE]

<div>this</div>
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • What's a bridal luncheon?
  • Mimmer, that's my question!  Haha and who is invited?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards