Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Invitation wording

I'm confused.  My parents are paying for the reception hall (food and all), his parents are paying for the decor and we are paying for the rest.  So who is hosting?  My parents, both parents, us?  trying to figure it out so I get the wording right without offending anyone.  I'm printing th invites myself and need to get them out ASAP.  I was thinking the wording should be Me & FI along with our parents, but my parents are covering  the largest expense so should they be named first.  Brides parents and Groom parents invite you to the wedding of me and FI...

Help please!

Re: Invitation wording

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Together with their parents
    Your Name
    and
    His Name
    request the honour of your presence
    at their marriage...

Hope this helps.  I'm trying to find wording right now too. 

Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hit post by accident before I was done.  My parents are paying for most of it and have contributed a great deal so we're just putting my parents as the hosts.  It's really up to you.  If you want to include everyone then I would do it the way I suggested.  It's great that they're helping you and if you want both families to be honored, I think that should cover it.  HTH! 
    Photobucket
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty much what I was thinking, then I started wondering if mom would be offended.  She's been pretty cool about all the traditional stuff I'm not doing, but every once in a while she gets that look and I know she is displeased.  Unfortunately the invite wording basically tells everyone who is paying at least the bulk of it so I don't want to "take credit" if I shouldn't. 

Maybe I'll just let mom figure it out.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your parents are paying the most, I would write it as if they're hosting.  FI's parents gave us a nice amount and just labeled "Honeymoon Fund, or whatever else you might need it for".  IT was very generous of them but my parents have put out a lot.  It's tradition for the brides fam to pay so I don't think it would matter if you worded it as  your parents as the hosts.
    Photobucket
  • laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I talked to mom and she was no help.  She just said do what everyone does "parents of the bride invite you ... yada yada"  then she says "but i don't want to offend anyone" 
    Thanks mom

I'll figure something out.
  • edited December 2011
    My parents are paying a large amount towards the reception, FILs paid a good amount for the rehearsal and honeymoon, and FI an I are paying the rest which is also a good amount more.  I wrote my invitations as Bride's parents and Groom's parents invite you to the union of their children...

The reason I did this is because we all shelled out money, and its just as special for FI and FIL's that I wanted to include them as hosts.

If you're concerned that your parents may be offended, just run the wording by them before you get the invites printed.  They'll have an opportunity to object if they dont like whatever you come up with.
  • edited December 2011

My parents and J's Mom each contributed around the same and then we are paying for the rest, which is probably half.  We didn't feel it was necessary to do the "together with their parents" to give ourselves credit for kicking in $$$.  I thought my parents would be offended if we did it any other way.

We did:

Mr. and Mrs. ____ (brides parents)

Mrs. _____ (grooms mom)

invite you to the marriage of their children

_________ & __________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards