California-Bay Area

Why is this board so Lame???

Re: Why is this board so Lame???

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stopped posting here because no one ever did...

How are you?

I'm about 6 weeks from my day, so am scurrying around to get things done.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm good!  i actually switched my venue from Sonoma to SF!  i was bummed at first, but now i'm really excited about it.

6 weeks!?!?  omg...you're SO close!!!  are you buggin??
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I had a couple freak out moments two weeks ago but have since calmed down (a bit).  WE've been very productive in the last two weeks, so I'm feeling better about things being done by 10-10.
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, this board is dead.  I check it every day, but there's nothing.  Even when I post quesitons, few people reply. 
  • edited December 2011
    i wonder why.....not many bay area knotties i guess. =( i got my shoes today!! im super stoked! i got them at Jeremy's in SF. they are turquoise Manolo Blahnik's!! got them for suuuuper cheap. like at least 75% off reg price. they are slightly used....i think they were a display in a store or something....little to no wear & tear. im buggin!! they're perfect!! yayyyyyyyy! AW over here!
  • hunee=pyehunee=pye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering how could this and the northern cali bored be so dead I mean this is California. We have to wake our board up!
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I love Jeremy's!  I am so jealous of your find!  I would have loved to wear Manolo Blahniks as my wedding shoes, but I'm following the October 2010 advice and wearing exoticsalsashoes.  That works, actually, since we're having a salsa band at the reception.  But Blahniks!
  • edited December 2011
    I know...this board has been dissapointing. :(
    I really wanted to use this board more, but it never took off. Now I'm like 2 1/2 weeks away and freaking out.

Reese- where did you move your venue to?

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    hey Yuki!
    we actually moved it to Axis Cafe in Potrero Hill.  i'm VERY excited!  =)

omg...2.5 weeks??  ahhh!  SO close!
    do you still have a lot to do?
  • edited December 2011

Awww....Portrero Hill, so much fun!! I love city weddings, the urban feel...so fun. Although I don't think you could have gone wrong with Sonoma either ;)

This past weekend was all wedding chaos, but now it's just a few more things to do before the big day. I must say the hardest part to date was the table assignments...I was almost going to pull all my hair out, right before the wedding.

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    yea...i'm not looking forward to all of those annoying details!  we might actually just do a cocktail party...not a sit down dinner.  in which case, we wouldnt need to do assigned tables.  we're not totally sold on it yet tho.  we're meeting w/ our event coordinator tomorrow to figure it all out. 

i cant believe you only have 1 more week to go!  CRAZY!  are you so excited??
  • edited December 2011
    I'm SO excited! Poor work has fallen to the wayside while I watch The Office on my computer and do all of my last minute planning. Good thing my boss is so laid back.

I like the idea of cocktails, it will give you more flexibility to add more personal touches and encourages people to socialize more.

Do you have a dress yet?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    i'm sure!!!...i have a hard time focusing at work and i'm still a year out!  haha!

i did get a dress!  i went to the J.Crew store in NYC w/ my mom and MOH last month.  this is the one that i got:

http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bride/gowns/PRDOVR~24811/24811.jsp

i am also adding a belt that has jewels on it.  (its from J.Crew as well, but not on their site)  i'm SO in love w/ my dress.  it is so comfortable and the fabric is AMAZING.  you cant really tell from the pic online tho.  its AbFab!

do you have a pic of your dress??
  • edited December 2011
    Your dress is beautiful! I am so jealous you got to go to the NY J Crew bridal store. I wish there was one out here, I loved their dresses. I even thought about ordering it, but all the back and forth was more than I wanted to handle. I think it would look lovely with a belt.
    Here's a picture of my dress. I apparently made a weird face in every picture I took. I just picked up the dress yesterday it's all altered and ready for the aisle!

Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011

yjakel, is that a Fanal?  I have the same dress!  How'd you bustle it?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Leah!
      It is Fanal. I love it SO much! I did a side bustle. It's a very simple bustle with one button on the left side of the dress where the pleating bunches, but the way it hangs is beautiful. I'll make sure to take a picture and post it for you after the wedding next week.
       Where did you get your dress? Do you love it?
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a side bustle too!  My first seamstress did a super lame bustle, so I had to have it redone, but I like how the simple side bustle looks -- it compliments the asymmetry of the ruching.

I got mine at Trudy's Brides in Campbell.  It was the last dress I tried on that day, and when I put it on, I knew that it was right.  I love it and can't wait until 10-10!

How are you accessorizing?  Are you wearing a veil?
  • edited December 2011
    I was totally the same! I tried on all the dresses I "thought" were my dream dress and at the end of the day, slightly deflated as we were getting to leave, another bride that had tried the dress had hung up on the return rack and as soon as I saw it I wanted to try it on.

I agree the side bustle looks so much better than the traditional back bustle. I'm sure you look amazing in it!

No veil for me, I'm not too good with things in my face. Are you wearing a veil?
    I got a pair of teardrop CZ earrings and a CZ necklace that sits right at the base of my neck.

Have you seen the Platinum Weddings episode where the bride wears Fanal?
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011

I saw that Platinum Weddings.  I taped a bunch because I heard that one of the brides was wearing the dress.  Woo hoo, our dress made it in with all that ridiculous jewelry and opulent table linen!  She was gorgeous, but she was a beauty queen, right?  How did you feel about that fancy wedding serving hamburgers for dinner?

I'm wearing a mantilla veil, so it's not on my face.  I think my mother would have a cow if I didn't wear a veil.  I'm wearing a pearl necklace but have no idea what to do about earrings.

I can't wait to see pictures of you all dressed up!  You're already so pretty in the picture!

• mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    Are you wearing a wrap of any sort?  I guess September is warm, but evenings get cold.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh a mantilla would look amazing! Do you have a picture of you in it with the dress? (probably nothing I need to add onto my to do list).

The wedding on PW was totally interesting, what IS with the hamburgers?! But I loved the clear tent and the orchid curtain.

I'm still torn between a pearl necklace and the cz one I have. I think the pearl would look stunning, but I'm the same as you, I can't think of earrings.

I don't have a wrap for the wedding since our ceremony will be indoors with a fireplace. I figure that would be warm enough...right? Undecided
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I think it'll be warm enough.  I think I'll just wrap my veil around me if I need something.

I don't have a picture of the veil yet as my mother is making it.  I'll upload one once I have it!
  • edited December 2011

That would be great, a mantilla that doubles as a shawl :)
    How nice of your mom to make the mantilla! Mom's are the best sometimes.
    That's also why I'm slightly torn about the necklace, my mom made me a pearl necklace to wear with my gown...I just don't know what else I could do to accessorize. (and I must admit I loved how the necklace looked on the Platinum weddings, I really modeled the CZ necklace I got after that)

Can't wait to see pictures!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    thats so funny that you guys have the same dress!  what are the odds??
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I know about the dress.  Totally random. 

Yuki, how about wearing the pearls in your hair?  Or doubling them around your wrist as a bracelet?  I don't know if I'd have chosen pearls, but they were a gift from my mom, and they serve as my "something old."

Does anyone here have an idea for "something borrowed?"
  • edited December 2011

PS...forgot to say the dress is GORG!  i'm sure you'll both be beautiful!!

i agree w/ Mica...can you wear the pearls as a bracelet instead? or you can wrap it around your flowers or something....

but if either one of you choose to wear a pearl necklace...i guess you could just do post pearl earrings.  also...i absolutley LOVE Dogeared Jewelry...here is a link that has pearl stuff:  http://www.dogeared.com/category/pearls-of

HTH!

• edited December 2011
    I think it's great that we have the same dress. Great minds think alike!

Thanks for your help Reese! I love dogeared too! They are my go to gift for friends. Such cute designs and so simple.
    I might use the pearls as a bracelet. Would it seem clashy though that everything else is CZ?

Mica- Where are you getting married?
    Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on the Peninsula.   The wedding's in Menlo Park, reception in Palo Alto.  Where are you getting married, Yuki?

I think that diamonds/CZ and pearls go well together.  It'd be nice to wear the pearls your mother made you in some capacity.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_this-board-lame?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:f9f5cc34-fad2-46e6-bb6f-286dff067049Post:1e412df0-3fe8-402a-adb3-4fc068f17216">Re: Why is this board so Lame???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your dress is beautiful! I am so jealous you got to go to the NY J Crew bridal store. I wish there was one out here, I loved their dresses. I even thought about ordering it, but all the back and forth was more than I wanted to handle. I think it would look lovely with a belt. Here's a picture of my dress. I apparently made a weird face in every picture I took. I just picked up the dress yesterday it's all altered and ready for the aisle!
    Posted by yjakel[/QUOTE]

OMG...you look beatiful.  Did you share this with the Sept board?  I don't remember seeing it.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • edited December 2011
    Mica- The peninsula is so beautiful in October, the weather is perfect. Our friends got married in HMB two years ago in mid October and the weather was gorgeous!
    I'm getting married in the East Bay in the Berkeley Hills at the Brazilian Room. Small and foresty.

Deb- Thank you so much :)  I just saw the post on the Sept board. You're too kind. I think I posted the pictures ages ago when I first tried it on, but I hate my expression in the picture so I don't post it much.
    What is your dress like? Are you so ready to get married?
    PS You were right about the cabbage soup...I don't ever want to see cabbage or tomato soup ever again.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards