Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Growing up pic songs for video

Any ideas for me?

I made a list to give to DH and so far I have:

I Will-The Beatles
Better Together-Jack Johnson
Grow Old With Me-John Lennon
Harvest Moon-Pearl Jam (Our Wedding Song)

I'm not really up to date with music so if you could suggest newer songs, I'd appreciate it.  Old song suggestions welcome too.  I want to know also if you like any songs out of the one's I've come up with.

Sorry I'm a post whore today, I'm trying to get stuff done!
Photobucket

Re: Growing up pic songs for video

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Stacy:  I used "Happy Together", a 60s song by The Turtles.  It's an oldie but goodie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is this song for a montage of pictures of you growing up? I wasn't 100% sure.  How about "In My Life" by The Beatles?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, it's pics of us growing up and then pics of us dating. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Older songs:

Wouldn't It Be Nice--The Beach Boys
    So Happy Together--The Turtles

Newer songs:

Lucky in Love--Colbie Caillat/Jason Mraz
    The Luckiest--Ben Folds
    The Space Between--Dave Matthews Band

What type of video is this for? Like a collage of your wedding photos?
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_growing-up-pic-songs-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:307aec26-ad4e-48ab-b97e-ae9663e68e87Post:9420d739-146c-4cdb-a623-cff362657815">Re: Growing up pic songs for video</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is this song for a montage of pictures of you growing up? I wasn't 100% sure.  How about "In My Life" by The Beatles?
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what she meant.

I used "In My Life" for the pre-ceremony pic taking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What genre?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our wedding video, our videographer starts it with 5 pics each of our growing up and then 5 pics from us dating.  He ends it with 15 pics from our honeymoon.  I need to pic music for both.  I know the honeymoon song I want already.  Just struggling with the growing up pics.

Music, I don't think he is adding pics from our wedding?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What about Teach Your Children or Our House by CSNY?

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used "Marry Me" by Train in the video montage thing I did of our wedding pics.  I love that song.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_growing-up-pic-songs-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:307aec26-ad4e-48ab-b97e-ae9663e68e87Post:465e0584-7b40-4eaf-855d-0b6cc14ba5e7">Re: Growing up pic songs for video</a>:
    [QUOTE]What genre?
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

Any genre except for Country b/c DH isn't a fan at all.

He likes punk and I mostly like Classic Rock and then anything else really. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're My Best Friend by Queen (or You're My Best Friend by Weezer... VERY different song, but super cute)

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Queen!!!  Great ideas ladies :)

I will show this to DH tonight when I get home from ballet. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_growing-up-pic-songs-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:307aec26-ad4e-48ab-b97e-ae9663e68e87Post:af4bb0cc-36b7-4587-bc0e-707750b29af9">Re: Growing up pic songs for video</a>:
    [QUOTE]For our wedding video, our videographer starts it with 5 pics each of our growing up and then 5 pics from us dating.  He ends it with 15 pics from our honeymoon.  I need to pic music for both.  I know the honeymoon song I want already.  Just struggling with the growing up pics. <strong>Music, I don't think he is adding pics from our wedding?
    </strong>Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

No, Stacy, not actual wedding pics.  He filmed us while the photographer was taking pics of us before the ceremony.  Make sense?

EDIT:  BTW, he did a fabulous job on the video, I loved it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh okay, I wasn't paying attention then.  Did you have to pick music for that?  I have to watch the sample video again. 

His assistant did our wedding.  I saw them at Nicoles but I didn't bother them.  I had to keep reminding myself that my day was over lol. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_growing-up-pic-songs-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:307aec26-ad4e-48ab-b97e-ae9663e68e87Post:c9781f96-37dc-454d-a627-f9f4ad05f7a5">Re: Growing up pic songs for video</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh okay, I wasn't paying attention then.  Did you have to pick music for that?  I have to watch the sample video again.  His assistant did our wedding.  I saw them at Nicoles but I didn't bother them.  I had to keep reminding myself that my day was over lol. 
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

I picked "In My Life" by The Beatles and "Dream A Little Dream of Me" by Mama Cass for the filming of the pre-ceremony pics being taken.  Again, oldies but goodies!  Both Dave and his assistant filmed our wedding.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They both did Nicole's wedding too.  David wasn't available on our wedding day so we just got the assistant.  i liked that though, with 2 photographers, there were enough strangers walking around lol.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

"Growin' Up" by Bruce Springsteen. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards