New York-Long Island

Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.

Dear All:

I recently became engaged and I went to Chateau Briand and loved it.  I was quoted $75 per person for a day wedding on Saturday or Sunday.  I was wondering if there is anything out there as nice for a cheaper price.  I do not mind paying $75 per person.  However, if I can obtain a better deal, I am interested in looking into it. 

Thank you in advance for your advice. 

Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.

• you can do a friday night or someime in the off season. places like mediteranean manor is patchogue have all inclusive(dj limos flowers photos) for like 10k for a 100 people. depends alot of time of year, day and time of week. we wanted prime so we're paying for prime but if you can be flexible you can get a deal, crest hollow country club was affordable, i think they told us a friday would be like 60? but overall I think 75 is pretty reasonable Smile
  • Crest Hollow for $60!?!?! My best friend got married there and I don't know how much per person she spent but I was under the impression it was way over $100/pp ( on a Saturday eve in march)... $60 and I'm there! lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:64fe3c38-3b00-404a-9d45-e59dd46c258c">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crest Hollow for $60!?!?! My best friend got married there and I don't know how much per person she spent but I was under the impression it was way over $100/pp ( on a Saturday eve in march)... $60 and I'm there! lol
    Posted by StarIzInkd[/QUOTE]

<div>I looked at a bunch of venues before I picked mine (Fox Hollow in Woodbury), and honestly, Saturday evening, no matter what the time of year, seems to cost nearly double every other possible wedding time.  That's probably why your friend paid more than the other poster mentioned for the same venue.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:b44afaa9-8b57-4ec3-81b4-6274fa919e32">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price. : I looked at a bunch of venues before I picked mine (Fox Hollow in Woodbury), and honestly, Saturday evening, no matter what the time of year, seems to cost nearly double every other possible wedding time.  That's probably why your friend paid more than the other poster mentioned for the same venue.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>This is very true but Crest Hollow is just so gorgeous and amazing... really I was WOWed!!! I can't imagine it costing $60 even for a brunch. It's bigger and has more land, photo ops, etc then places I've been to 1/4 of its size. I'm ready to call them up and get pricing cause that would make me REALLY happy! LOL</div>
  • like i said it was off season and off days, but we requested numbers for a sat night then while we were walking the banquest manager was like if u moveit to a thurs night or something like that it could be as low as 60 pp
  • perhaps the 60 is before taxes and fees and 100 is including.

• well yeah that was plus taxes and grats, but those are standard when quoting a price right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:8fbcbf87-042c-4a48-9a82-89bf7ce2ea8a">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]you can do a friday night or someime in the off season. places like mediteranean manor is patchogue have all inclusive(dj limos flowers photos) for like 10k for a 100 people. depends alot of time of year, day and time of week. we wanted prime so we're paying for prime but if you can be flexible you can get a deal, crest hollow country club was affordable, i think they told us a friday would be like 60? but overall I think 75 is pretty reasonable
    Posted by kdnyyfan[/QUOTE]

Hey, I am also looking at Fox Hollow.  Do you mind sharing the price you were quoted?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:ca0cb618-f28a-46ae-99b5-5f26202083cb">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price. : Hey, I am also looking at Fox Hollow.  Do you mind sharing the price you were quoted?
    Posted by divine6149[/QUOTE]

didnt go to Fox Hollow, we looked at Leonards, Crest Hollow, Chateau La Mer and Giorgios, decided on Giorgios. Sorry!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:ca0cb618-f28a-46ae-99b5-5f26202083cb">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price. : Hey, I am also looking at Fox Hollow.  Do you mind sharing the price you were quoted?
    Posted by divine6149[/QUOTE]

I think this was meant for me, yes?  I've sent you a private message with the prices I was quoted.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:482e2cf3-a1e6-45b7-b4a2-b48e7b689327">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]well yeah that was plus taxes and grats, but those are standard when quoting a price right?
    Posted by kdnyyfan[/QUOTE]

not always. depends on the place. you can negotiate the per person before tax but can't negotiate the tax rate

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:81671256-67cd-4e42-81db-f4e15ce4ebc8">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price. : I think this was meant for me, yes?  I've sent you a private message with the prices I was quoted.
    Thank you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:81671256-67cd-4e42-81db-f4e15ce4ebc8">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price. : I think this was meant for me, yes?  I've sent you a private message with the prices I was quoted.

Hi! I have an appointment for this Saturday to visit the Fox Hollow. Would you mind private messaging me the priuce you were quoted? It would be much appreciated!!!
  • I found the Watermill and Villa Lombardi have great packages for about $100 pp, including tax and tip. Even night time. Depends on the date. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_help-with-finding-a-nice-venue-on-long-island-for-a-reasonable-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:d891d8f1-05f7-442b-b1fc-e201a85d1cd3Post:ba2b1d99-5eda-42ed-b76e-d00da3d45a1a">Re: Help with finding a nice venue on Long Island for a reasonable price.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the Watermill and Villa Lombardi have great packages for about $100 pp, including tax and tip. Even night time. Depends on the date. 
    Posted by EmpireState89[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info! Does that price include open bar?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards