Kentucky

NWR: Visiting Lexington

Hello! My DH and I will be visiting Lexington in a few weeks just for a Saturday night for his birthday. I am hoping some of you ladies can give me your rec's on where to stay, what to do, where to eat, etc??

Thanks for your help :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NWR: Visiting Lexington

• ebrasieebrasie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    malones a great palce to eat
    double tree is a great place to stay
  • LindseyLTFLindseyLTF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for different and fun, my favorite brunch place in called Doodles, in downtown Lexington, if you are staying for breakfast the next day.
    Dinner- Malones is great, or a little less expensive is Saul Good or Sals.
    I know there are horse farm tours that you can schedule.
    If you like wine, Talon Winery on Tates Creek road is beautiful, and offers wine tastings.
    The Penguin is my favorite place to go out. It is a "dueling piano" bar, which means there are two pianos, and the guys go back and forth playing requests, and most of the time, it's like a comedy show more than musical. 
    Hope this helps!!
    Have fun!
    (and just because I saw your Ohio State avatar... go wildcats! Sorry, couldn't resist... :-))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The few times I've stayed overnight in Lexington at a hotel were at the Hyatt and the Hilton downtown. Both were very nice, but probably pricy!

I would also page LVB and KyKate on the E board to see what their recommendations are. They both went to UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards