Rhode Island

Coast Guard House

I just wanted to send out a big hug to any brides who booked the Coast Guard House for their event in the coming months. You're in my thoughts!
Also, hoping that everyone made it through Sandy unscathed :-)

We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Coast Guard House

• I just saw the pictures and it is a mess.  They are saying 3-4 months to rebuild.  I am still waiting to hear from my venue in Newport to make sure I am a go for Saturday.  
  • Oh no!! Which venue? What a nightmare - I'm so sorry!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Thanks!  Newport Beach Hotel and Suites--it is across from First Beach which was the hardest hit area.  My dad is working on a plan B--We are hoping it will turn out okay.  Told my FI and dad they had to figure it out for me tomorrow while I worked.
  • Our wedding is booked at the Andrea in Westerly on March 2nd. We haven't heard anything yet... Not sure if anyone on here has : ... Awake and still sick over the images of our beautiful beaches ...
  • jdandrea - I live in Newport and it seems to be okay.  I drove by yesterday and it looked okay from the outside.  Fingers crossed for you!

Anniversary

• fingers crossed for you guys! I feel like the andrea hotel will be ok by March it usually takes a few months to rebuild. I hope you hear something next week from them. On the brightside, you might get a totally newly updated room.

Jandrea good luck on saturday!

i can't believe the coast house is totally ruined. When I saw photos of the side I couldn';t believe it was only 2 months ago i was sitting there for our rehearsal. I can't wait until they reopen in the spring :)

• oh! and when i posted the photo of CGH on my mother in laws wall, a friend of ours who came to the rehearsal made a positive point she said "at least a lot of wishes will come true" (because outside on the rocks are all those rock scultpures that people build and they represent a wish...and the saying is when it gets washed out to sea your wish comes true)
  • Best of wishes for the brides who booked there. I can't believe the damages...still not setting in for my family but I know the rebuilding will begin soon. I'm just glad everyone is safe. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards