North Carolina-Outer Banks

DJ Recommendations

Hey y'all. We've already selected our venue, ceremony musicians, cake and caterer, photgrapher and videographer... and now we've decided to get a DJ.

Can anyone recommend someone who is (a) not too expensive, (b) has good MC personality - funny, charismatic, etc, (c) has a good variety of music and (d) takes requests from at least the couple.

Re: DJ Recommendations

• I used John Harper and he was a hit.  Very easy to work with, played all songs I requested and also took request from the audience.  He does the local radio station, and he has the best MC voice.  I simply told him that Owen was an 80s music man, and we loved Michael Jackson, and he was able to go from there.  He came highly recomended from other knotties as well. 
  • I think I've asked this before about him, but do you mind telling me what he charges?
  • I used DJ John Harper as well and had a great experience!  He usually charges $200 an hour, but always be willing to negotiate the price if you can :)

• DJ Bruce was great! He knew exactly what to play when to keep the party going. He also was able to improvise and set up sound on the top level of the event house as well as by the pool. He was polite, punctual and easy to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards