Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

My hair is rejecting my veils!

I picked up my veils last weekend. I have a plain chapel length and then a fingertip veil with crystals, both on plastic combs. I plan to wear just the fingertip veil during some of the reception. When I tried on the veils, both together and separately, they fall out of my hair! I have super fine hair, medium thickness. The boutique owner tried to assure me that when my hair is done (I plan an updo), it will be teased into oblivion and that will hold the veils. I want to believe her, but now I'm having nightmares (for real!) about them falling out during the ceremony. Does anyone have experience with this?

Re: My hair is rejecting my veils!

• Have bobby pins handy in case one of the combs come loose or a curl falls down. When my MOH moved my elbow length veil to the back of my head after the ceremony, she had a hard time getting it to stay, but with a few bobby pins, everything was fine.
  • I don't have super thin hair, but my veil is really heavy (lace-edge with beading). I also have a separate blusher on a comb. Like pp's have said, it will stay in once you're hair has been done!
  • the updo, teasing and hairspray will help, also you can take those mini rubber bands people use for braces and make a row of tiny ponytails at the base of your head and stick the comb into that
    heres a tutorial of what I'm talking about with photos
    http://www.veilshop.com/When-the-Comb-Wont-Stay-In-Your-Hair_ep_60-1.html
  • there is a cheap product similar to hairspray called "hair hold" that is used to help clip in extensions stick better to stay in thin hair. this would probably work for you and give you extra protection! if there are any wig or extension shops in your town, ask fif they have some. i tried hair extensions when i was younger and a small can of this stuff was around $5.00. it really worked. not sure what the brand was.
  • they secured mine with bobby pins too.. they didnt just stay in on their own.. they can't.  of course they will fall off.. she pinned them in,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your hair dresser should be able to place your veil so it stays in. Just remember to bring it to the hair trial. It'll be fine, I have really slippery hair and my veil was very secure. No worries!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the suggestions and reassurance! So many good ideas! I have a hair trial of sorts this weekend. We're getting married in FI's hometown. His cousin is getting married there this weekend, and I thought it would be a good opportunity to try out one of the salons there and to not "waste" an expensive hairdo. I'll take my veils with me, just to be sure. I feel MUCH better about this now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards