Not Engaged Yet

Monday

Morning ladies. I can't believe I'm at work right now. Hopefully, we'll only be here until noon, though. It just started raining here in the past hour or so but the winds are really bad already. I just want to be back in my bed with my kittens and puppy and FI! 

Re: Monday

• A little after I posted, my building was evacuated so I'm home! Yay!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:08c30e82-f584-4bbd-9369-747788ea14af">Re:Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]A little after I posted, my building was evacuated so I'm home! Yay!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Yea, aren't you right on the coast?  BF has "liberal leave" from work today, so he went in and only half the people are there.  We're on the tail end of the storm, but expect at 2-3 inches of rain today with sustained 35-45 mph winds and gusts of 50 mph.  Just a glancing blow, but EVERYTHING ELSE is closed, guys.

Good luck to my up northerners!  This this is moving RIDICULOUSLY slowly.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:08c30e82-f584-4bbd-9369-747788ea14af">Re:Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]A little after I posted, my building was evacuated so I'm home! Yay!
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why they thought it was a good idea for people to come in considering public transit was closed. That's just insane.

• Working from home today...

SWEET.

Also, lost 8lbs. on WW this week.  Hell yeah!
  • RDR - I can't believe they even made you go into work - that's just stupid. Oh well, at least you're home now!

I work from home, so part of me is actually hoping for a power outage so I don't have to work - I know, I'm crazy. Seriously though, part of my job entails making sales calls for families in New Jersey - and considering how bad the storm is supposed to hit there, I really don't want to be bothering anyone. 

In other news, my (at least) 75-year-old grandfather refuses to leave his home, which lies in a mandatory evacuation zone on Long Beach Island. He is a member of the rescue squad there and I think he wants to be there to help. He told my mom he'd go to the squad house if things got too bad, because they have a generator there. UGH! So now I'm going to be worried sick about my crazy grandpa all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just woke up.  I'm still in bed, and I don't plan on moving for a while.  At least, until I decide it's time for me to make bacon to go with leftover pancakes for breakfast.  Nom.

We still don't have much of anything here.  So, go figure.
    I french with my man
  • SHOES - EIGHT POUNDS????? That is freakin awesome. Congrats and keep up the good work!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm reading more about Sandy and it's fuckin' terrifying. My friends in NYC and Philly are updating like mad on Facebook. Amtrak has even cancelled everything in the Northeast Corridor.

I did like this quote from the National Weather Service: 'Think about your loved ones, think about the emergency responders who will be unable to reach you when you make the panicked phone call to be rescued, think about the rescue/recovery teams who will rescue you if you are injured or recover your remains if you do not survive.' OH SNAP.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:0079deb9-4f79-435d-a952-997477c5ae2f">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm reading more about Sandy and it's fuckin' terrifying. My friends in NYC and Philly are updating like mad on Facebook. Amtrak has even cancelled everything in the Northeast Corridor. I did like this quote from the National Weather Service:<strong> 'Think about your loved ones, think about the emergency responders who will be unable to reach you when you make the panicked phone call to be rescued, think about the rescue/recovery teams who will rescue you if you are injured or recover your remains if you do not survive.'</strong> OH SNAP.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Great job, NWS, on 100% not inciting panic.  WTF</div>
    I french with my man
  • Hey everyone, just checking in from work (yeah I know) per my boss' boss they just wanted us to come in, do our work and go home.  Right now it's windy out up here in Connecticut but not too bad, I'll be okay driving home.  Our governor stated that bridges and roads will be closing soon, but does not know what time (gee thanks).  I'm glad the people of New Jersey have an exact time! 

Please be careful everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • What time to we get to open the wine?
    I french with my man
  • Stay safe, everyone! 

Nothing much going on here.  I am super tired, this weekend was way too short.  Is it 4 yet?  I'm ready to go home. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am keeping all you East Coasters in my thoughts today.

Awesome Shoes! Thats a lot for one week but it is amazing what can happen in just one week from changing your eating.

• The hospital's website says that only the ER and inpatient units are open....guess that means biomedical research has off!  There is a level two driving ban (only essential gov personnel, emergency, food/fuel services) but apparently my hospital ID serves as exemption to the driving ban.  Confusionnn
    Anniversary
  • BF and I were in NJ all weekend so helped our families prepare for it. Taped up a lot of windows and secured everything outside. We drove up home yesterday afternoon. I think we're just supposed to get the edge of the storm - 50mph winds and 1-2 inches of rain. I'm going to get some extra water, bread etc today but I think we'll be ok. No one seems to be really worried.

Stay safe everyone.
  • Heh, Tyler just told me that this is his on-call week. He works for the IT department of Tractor Supply and the Northeast is where their highest concentration of stores is. That on-call phone is never going to stop ringing.

• I'm thinking of all of you on the East Coast...stay safe.
  • Glad you got to go home rdr! 
    It's not too bad here yet, just rain and some wind.  I'm expecting it to get worse, luckily I"m not near the shore.

Shoes- that is awesome 8lbs!!!!

Anniversary

• Hey East coasters! I really hope that everyone is safe today and the remainder of the storms.  I'm glad to hear you're home RDR, safe and sound with your cuddle buddies.  This storm sounds crazy and unbelievable even more so since its sunny and 85 degrees today here in So Cal. 

Great job on the weight loss Shoes!
  • I'm at home, parked on the couch watching Hurricane coverage.   All of you northeast ladies are in my thoughts.

Congrats on the weight loss, Shoes!  I haven't seen the scale budge in 2 weeks even though I've been doing reasonably well on my diet.  Hmph.
  • Funny/terrible story to share.

On Friday night, BF and I met our friend and his girlfriend for dinner and drinks in the city. I've known the girlfriend since their first date, about a year ago. She's always been a little wacky. Anyways, she started telling me about how she's planning a baby shower for a friend of hers, and she said, "Do you know how expensive it is to throw a baby shower?" I started to say "Well, it depends what you do....when my mom threw one for my aunt it was just at our house, with some sandwiches and dessert..."

She goes, "No - food is at least $20 per person, plus decorations are a few hundred dollars - it's going to be over $1000! I can't afford that! So I emailed all 20 people who are coming and told them I need $40 from each of them for the party. I even set up a paypal account for them to pay me and today was the due date - I had to annoy a few people, but everyone paid! It's still not going to be anough for drinks though. I don't want to spring this all on them at once, so I'll tell them a few days before that it's BYOB."

Omg, if I were the friend she's "throwing" this party for...I'd be mortified. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats Shoes!!! That's awesome! 

I lost three pounds this week. :) I'm proud of myself bc most of it has been diet related. 

I'm so glad you EC-ers are home and safe. I was talking to my BFF in Queens last night and I kept suggesting she go do this or go do that and she kept saying "public transit is closed!!" I can't imagine what life would be like if they instituted a driving ban in Houston. Even during Ike there wasn't a ban. They did close the freeway going to Galveston Island, but that was it. They did however close the freeways AFTER the storm because I couldn't get in to go to class and my professor was being a dickwad. 

So, all that to say, I'm terribly nervous for all of you ladies. Keep me posted, plz? 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Hummingbird:  wow.  "Everyone, please give me $40 so I can throw a party to which you'll have to bring a gift."  Crazy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:e8a6bbdf-4c8f-4da0-8162-f4de1d737483">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny/terrible story to share. On Friday night, BF and I met our friend and his girlfriend for dinner and drinks in the city. I've known the girlfriend since their first date, about a year ago. She's always been a little wacky. Anyways, she started telling me about how she's planning a baby shower for a friend of hers, and she said, "Do you know how expensive it is to throw a baby shower?" I started to say "Well, it depends what you do....when my mom threw one for my aunt it was just at our house, with some sandwiches and dessert..." She goes, "No - food is at least $20 per person, plus decorations are a few hundred dollars - it's going to be over $1000! I can't afford that! So I emailed all 20 people who are coming and told them I need $40 from each of them for the party. I even set up a paypal account for them to pay me and today was the due date - I had to annoy a few people, but everyone paid! It's still not going to be anough for drinks though. I don't want to spring this all on them at once, so I'll tell them a few days before that it's BYOB." Omg, if I were the friend she's "throwing" this party for...I'd be mortified. 
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

<div>Holy trainwreck batman! That sounds awful. And alcohol at a baby shower? Really?</div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:d2a3323f-8e78-405b-a0f6-9e1906d568e5">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummingbird:  wow.  "Everyone, please give me $40 so I can throw a party to which you'll have to bring a gift."  Crazy.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I know. I tried to say "Well, if I was invited to someone's baby shower I wouldn't necessary expect to help pay for the party...." But she didn't seem to hear me. I told my boyfriend to make sure this girl never throws a party for me ever.</div><div>
    </div><div>On a related note, she also tried to convince me to make a "Puppy Registry". She offered to do it for me and begged me to for email addresses of everyone coming to my housewarming party in a few weeks. I refused.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:e8a6bbdf-4c8f-4da0-8162-f4de1d737483">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny/terrible story to share. On Friday night, BF and I met our friend and his girlfriend for dinner and drinks in the city. I've known the girlfriend since their first date, about a year ago. She's always been a little wacky. Anyways, she started telling me about how she's planning a baby shower for a friend of hers, and she said, "Do you know how expensive it is to throw a baby shower?" I started to say "Well, it depends what you do....when my mom threw one for my aunt it was just at our house, with some sandwiches and dessert..." She goes, "No - food is at least $20 per person, plus decorations are a few hundred dollars - it's going to be over $1000! I can't afford that! So I emailed all 20 people who are coming and told them I need $40 from each of them for the party. I even set up a paypal account for them to pay me and today was the due date - I had to annoy a few people, but everyone paid! It's still not going to be anough for drinks though. I don't want to spring this all on them at once, so I'll tell them a few days before that it's BYOB." Omg, if I were the friend she's "throwing" this party for...I'd be mortified. 

WOW! Did you ask her where she was throwing this shower at that it was costing that much per person?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:48461925-bfce-42a2-8384-0dc3d2e30054">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday : On a related note, she also tried to convince me to make a "Puppy Registry". She offered to do it for me and begged me to for email addresses of everyone coming to my housewarming party in a few weeks. I refused.
    wtf.

Although I do maintain that I should be able to use my HSA to pay for the dogs' medical care :x.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:48461925-bfce-42a2-8384-0dc3d2e30054">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday : I know. I tried to say "Well, if I was invited to someone's baby shower I wouldn't necessary expect to help pay for the party...." But she didn't seem to hear me. I told my boyfriend to make sure this girl never throws a party for me ever. On a related note, she also tried to convince me to make a "Puppy Registry". She offered to do it for me and begged me to for email addresses of everyone coming to my housewarming party in a few weeks. I refused.

<div>My mom told me I needed to bring a pair of closed toed pumps to my wedding reception so she could pass it around and collect money for my honeymoon. Some people just don't see it as being tacky. I don't know why, but they just don't. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75440301-0e34-42ea-9fd9-f05d6794e17fPost:e8a6bbdf-4c8f-4da0-8162-f4de1d737483">Re: Monday</a>:
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]<div>That is awful and completely crazy!</div><div>

</div>

Anniversary

• Stay safe ladies!  You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Congrats cathy on your weight loss!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards