Illinois-Chicago

Hair/Makeup Suggestions

My wedding is coming up in July & I'm looking for a reasonably-priced hair/makeup artist.

When I say reasonably-priced, I mean someone who's good, but doesn't charge more than $150 for a bride's hair/makeup on the day of.  I see some of the vendors wanting to charge $200 or more & I choke on those prices.

Thanks

Re: Hair/Makeup Suggestions

• Where are you located?
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am looking for the same and my wedding is in Wheeling (Lake/Cook Rd.). Any recommendations for that area?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wrote a review post that included my hair/makeup team from my 12/10/11 wedding, but apparently The Knot ate my post, because I can't find it.  Cool.  Anyway, I used Tamara Hair and Makeup.  Everyone, including myself, was very happy with hair and makeup, but I will give you fair warning that their communication before the wedding is bad...sometimes my emails wouldn't get a response, etc.  But, based on talent alone, I was happy with their work.  They were very reasonable, and a hair and makeup artist came to us.  They had a four person minimum.

ETA: Whoops, my bad...TK didn't eat my post, I just saw it further down the page!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_hairmakeup-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:8278dd1c-54ec-47cc-a9b8-986fd3fe52fdPost:69f5fdd0-6501-4a15-9264-3a785ec180d4">Re: Hair/Makeup Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for the same and my wedding is in Wheeling (Lake/Cook Rd.). Any recommendations for that area?
    Posted by soccerchica604[/QUOTE]

I'm still searching for makeup but Lisa Marie at Louis Anthony Salon is a hair goddess, that's by Mt. Prospect Walmart on Rand.  She's doing mine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards