New Jersey - South

Vendor Reviews from 10/28

Our day was amazing, everything was perfect!

Reception: Lucien's Berlin - A+++
They are amazing! throughout the entire planning process they were very helpful with answers to any and all questions we had.  That night we had two people attending to the bridal party and got us anything we needed.  The food was amazing and the cake was beautiful. 

DJ: Steve and Company, Chris D. - A+
Before our event Chris was kind of hard to get a hold of via cell phone, but as soon as we called the company they made sure he called us that day.  On the day of, Chris came up to the bridal suite to make sure he has everyone's name correct for the introductions as well as important songs.  We didn't want any line dances (not our things) and he double checked with us before playing one that a lot of people requested instead of just doing it.  He made sure there was plenty of dance music after dinner and everyone was having a good time.  During dinner the music was not too loud, and everyone could talk while they ate.

Photography and Videography: Hallmark Photography - A
We had Dave as our photographer and he did an awesome job.  We had our online photos 2 days after our event.  He was very easy to work with and could tell when we had enough of picture taking.  He got a lot of great candid photos too.  Can't wait to see how the profession album and video come out!

Florist: Flowers by Design - A+
Colleen at flowers by design is awesome.  I went in with an idea of what I wanted (which was not in season and therefore not really possible) and she created something very similar and beautiful.  We had gone to another florist and he basically told me to 'do my homework' before I come in again - even though I had 2 pages of flowers I liked.  Colleen was very easy to work with and did a great job of going off of my ideas to make beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, and other arrangements.

Hair and Make-up: Mia from Creations by Mia - A
Mia comes to the house and does hair and make up,which is exactly what I wanted.  She is very upbeat and does a great job.  Everyone's hair and make up stayed put through the whole reception.

Transportation - Albert's Transportation - B
The party bus was on time to pick everyone up, but the radio kept going in and out - no big deal after we figured out how to hook up the iPod for our 40 minutes drive from the ceremony to the reception.  At the end of the night the car to take DH and I home was about an hour early.  They also forgot to unload some things from the trunk and had to come back to our house 30 minutes after dropping us off to give us our stuff.

Dress and BM Dresses: Lily Bridal - B-
I was happy with the dresses we got, but was not always happy with the people there.  One lady in particular treated a few of my friends like they were children.  We are younger (all 24) and look even younger than we are, but we did not appreciate being talked down to.  The rest of the staff was very nice and helpful.

Tux: Men's Warehouse - B
The first time we went in, we were not very happy.  We ended up using this place because of the multiple locations.  We had groomsmen in Las Vegas, Florida, and Jersey so being all over the country made it very easy to get measurements for all of the men in the wedding party.  The quality of the tux was good as well.
Photobucket

Re: Vendor Reviews from 10/28

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review! I also booked with Steve and Co., also Chris D.! I'm glad  you had greta experiences with him. And UGH, the people in Lily's piss me off! The one woman is so pushy and kind of stuck up and rude sometimes! I refuse to go there for any of my BM dresses, but Ive been in a few weddings and have made purchases from there and always feel that way about them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards