Wedding Invitations & Paper

Return address

Whose name do you put on the return address?  I was going to just put the address w/o a name.  I thought  I would ask here before I started.

TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
TTC #1 since 6.10
SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
HSG= All clear & perfect
Currently learning to live Child Free
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
?Big Girls have babies too!?
??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??

Re: Return address

• We are also doing a return address w/o a name. I am assuming from your post you and your fI live together? You can also do just your name or both names where your name would come first.  Hyphenating both names is also common to save space.

i.e. yourlastname - hislastname
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_return-address-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e6d19998-8def-4f97-bc67-ea15bd766c3aPost:ff57d08e-e132-4c36-bd80-b0c7944b9f16">Re: Return address</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also doing a return address w/o a name. I am assuming from your post you and your fI live together? You can also do just your name or both names where your name would come first.  Hyphenating both names is also common to save space. i.e. yourlastname - hislastname
    Posted by apaadzzzz[/QUOTE]

Yes we are living in sin!  lol

I love the idea of hyphenating - I think that is what we will do.

Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • We just did our address on the back side.  No names. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I put both our first names with no last name. You can do it however you think looks best. Hyphenating last names, only first names, no names at all.
  • I did both our names --

Jane Doe and John Smith
    address
    city, state

but on second thought, the address with no name thing would have been better.
  • We have the return address as my parents, so it is just
    Last Name
    Street....

I would have done no name, but the embosser I ordered wouldn't let me and I didn't feel like fighting it.

One small thing to think about with using both of your addresses-- we definitely would not because we have soem relatives who don't know we live together and don't approve. Yeah, none of their business, but I didn't want my wedding envelopes to be controversial or anything. But I'm from a pretty conservative family, obviously.
  • For the return address on the invites, we did our address with no name. For the RSVP envelopes, they were addressed to The Smith - Jones Wedding
    imageimageimage
  • We put my name on the return address for the RSVP. Traditionally you do not put a name for the return address on the invitation.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We're using both our names for the return address on the invitation (back flap) and the RSVP envelope.
  • I'm doing a two-line return address on the back flap and for the reply card, I'm addressing it with my name.
    planning

• We purchased a custom stamp for the return address on the invites, it only listes our first names and the adress
    Photobucket
  • Im using my name and our address cause he could care less about opening them and wouldnt until I was there anyways
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards