Wedding Etiquette Forum

*Roxy*

Re: *Roxy*

• I'm not roxy, but I'm here for a little bit.  Might be going to exchange the stroller.  He still doesn't seem to get it, but is okay with me doing it.  I don't understand why this is such a huge deal to him...he got all weird and quiet about it last night.  I asked him to elaborate on why he doesn't want to switch it, and his main point was that this one was here in our apt.  It's not even like it took forever to put together or anything.  Ugh.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Right! It'll take what - 2 minutes to get everything in the car? I'm sure he'll get over it soon enough, though. It's not like you are being a wifezilla about it. You are being fair and honest. And like I said, I agree with what aMrs said - you'll be the one using it most of the time, so you have to love it (esp if you are going to spend that kind of money on it!)
  • I know...and my bff said the same thing, but she's very much the "do what you want" type of person.  We talked about the weight difference in the car seat, but the bigger car seat we registered for can be front and rear facing, so we'd just switch to that sooner.  I mean, we'll need a bigger car seat anyway.  And again, I don't forsee us having big kids...we both come from short families.

My mom said I might have to compromise, lol.

• Yeah, see that all makes sense. And yeah, if it really meant a ton to him then I'd consider compromising as well. But, it's a stroller and carseat, not a house or a car.
  • That's the thing - if he could articulate something else besides "this one's here", then I'd be more understanding.  Now it's "well, this one will be more expensive"...well, it's cheaper to begin with, and we only got 20% off the old one yesterday because we had a coupon.  So, even if they don't let me exchange it with the coupon from yest, 3 other people are mailing me coupons so I can always bring back the receipt. 

Besides, we're not even paying for it...my parents wanted to buy it for us, so I don't get what his issue is.  I wish he could just TELL me!

• Okay, think I'm going to try to head out.  I need a body pillow and walmart doesn't sell them...apparently they're seasonal, wtf?  I'll bring this up once more and see what happens.  I'll text you.

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    He sounds a lot like N. At times, I can tell something is bothering him but he refuses to tell me why exactly. I hate playing the guessing game with him.

Just let him know that if it is really important to him, then (maybe) you'll consider keeping it. But if he can't tell you why exactly, then it'd really mean a lot to you if you could return it. Have you been making a lot of decisions re: baby stuff, or has he helped out as well?

ETA - Okay, sounds good. GL!
  • I'm here now. I was up really late watching Lost so I slept in. Whats up darling?
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I slept in today too til noon. It's so nice to be able to do that on the weekends.

1) You were in my dream last night. I can't remember what happened, but you were in it.

2) I was reading through Sucrets' "Favorites" thread below and started wondering what kind of wedding you are hoping to have one day. Random question I know, but you must have picked up some good ideas from being on the TK for so long. So, describe your ideal wedding to me.  Location, formality, colors, flowers, dresses, etc. :) You get a bonus if you PIP some ideas!
  • I know, I love sleeping in..ahh and yesterday I took a nap which I NEVER do.
    1. sweet, hopefully it was a good dream.

2. This is really sweet of you!
    So, I am definitely that girl who has been dreaming of her wedding forever. I know its cheesy and lame but I dont care, its me. For the record, none of this is a secret for T. He actually buys me wedding magazines and asks me what I'm thinking of...

-I'd love for my wedding to be in this place called the Rice Mill in Charleston(http://www.goodfoodcatering.net/ricemill.html)  but T thinks its silly to get married there...
    -I'd like for it to be semi formal, evening wedding. I'd like about 75 people.
    -I had always wanted Champagne and Chocolate Brown as my colors but now I'm starting to think of Grey and Yellow.
    -I want only orchids (not sure how I could ever afford that). No roses for sure though (I'm not a fan).
    -I think I want a poofy, strapless dress with a low back...but who knows...
    I'll attach pictures I've picked up here...

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I just figured that a lot of us are always talking about our weddings (or wedding plans) and was wondering what ideas you had.

That venue is gorgeous. I really like it! And it's totally not silly to want to get married there - I love how it looks. So you want to get married on the east coast then? You're from SC right? Or is it NC? I know Alaska is in there somewhere too!

75 is a great number. Stick to that. We had 100 and it was a bit too much.

Both of those color schemes sound really nice. I've seen pics the gray/yellow combo and it looks great if done right.

I can totally picture you in a poofy, strapless dress. But for some reason, I envision you in a short dress - reception dress, maybe?

Is that last picture of cake toppers? Any idea what time of year you'd want to get married?
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2010
    Gray and yellow!  The stroller I just bought is gray and yellow and I love it!!

• You got it!?!? Yay!!
  • I did AND they gave me the 20% off from the coupon, so it wound up being cheaper!  It's in the car, B will bring it in in a minute...he just got off the phone with his parents.

• Awesome! Take some pics and post them. :) (I'm such a nerd, but I love baby stuff!)
  • Yay Sucrets! I want to see it!

gg- I was born and raised in Alaska, went to SC for a year for college (I go back every year and visit) and now I unfortunately live in AZ. T thinks its silly to get married in SC because he has never even been.

I'm pretty sure I don't want a short dress, even for reception...now for rehearsal dinner, absolutely. I'll attach a picture of a dress I like..

I just love birds and thought those were too cute, possibly for a cake topper.

Well, originally (when we were engaged)  the plan was to get married on our dating anniversary (june 5th) but this year its a saturday and its definitely not happening this year and I dont know about a sunday evening wedding. So, I'd like to get married in june or we've tossed around the idea of a NYE wedding.

I love this dress: http://weddings.theknot.com/Dresses/56092/detailview.aspx?id=56092&type=31&count=0&copos=6&Dresses+Gown+Type=Wedding+Gowns&TM=31

• I love that dress! It's simple, yet elegant. I love the bust and waist.

So if you were to get married in SC, would it be a destination wedding for most?

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3914650

It's still in the car.

roxy - I def see you in a poufy dress!

Fwiw, I wasn't thrilled about having an afternoon wedding at first, but it wound up being one of the best moves that we (unintentionally) made.  We wanted kids there, so it was nice that they weren't cranky from being up late, and we had some time to relax at home with oot guests after since we were leaving the next day for our HM.

• That's gorgeous, rox!  That would look fantastic on you!

• Thanks girls :)
    Sucrets- Love the stroller! Yellow and grey are my favorite colors :)

Yea, I most definitely would want children there (well, mostly T's niece, Harper) but she's a little partier and on the cruise she was up till midnight most nights..

gg-Yea, if we got married in SC it would be destination for everyone. Regardless of where we get married the majority of family would have to travel.
  • Where did you meet him?  I don't think I know this story!  I guess I assumed it was college, but if he's never been to SC then I'm thoroughly confused.  And how did you wind up in AZ?

Yeah, after I saw pics of yellow and gray weddings, I was all "aww man" after picking the green, but it's all good.

• I'llgive you the sappier version :)
    We were both born and raised in AK. The summer after my first year of college when I went back home to Alaska I got a job working at sportmans warehouse (like bass pro shops) and about a week later I saw him being interviewed and I thought "I really hope he gets hired".
    Well he did and for a few days we kept geting cash registers next to eachother (we were cashiers obviously) and we would talk. I really liked him so one night I decided to look for him on myspace (I know..) there were a lot of T Bradys in Alaska but I finally found him and started talking to him on there and he asked me when I was taking him out to dinner and I joked the next day, well the next day he took me out and we were exclusive from there on out.

T's younger sister has lived in Arizona since she graduated HS and summer 2007 she found out she was pregnant so T's mom decided to move down here to be with her and we followed because we were tired of AK and wanted a change.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards