Snarky Brides

Evening Thread

What's eveyone up to?

I'm at my other job tonight.  Just got a text from FI that Home Depot lost over half of our registry somehow.  I'm livid.  We spent hours doing that registry and they don't have scanner guns.. you have to hand-write EVERYTHING like the name of the item, the regular cost, the SKU number.  And we spent so much time discussing what we wanted and stuff (a lot of it was our tools that we wanted).  ARGH.

Re: Evening Thread

• I just watched Adele singing at the Grammy's online. I've, um....never heard her before.

And now I'm in love.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Haven't you heard her stuff on the radio? I love Adele.
  • Nope. I don't listen to the radio! haha

I really only listen to electronica/house/dance/trance/whatever you want to call it. So, I'd heard her name but I've never actually heard her songs. She has the most amazing voice, though! I'm hooked.
  • Yeah I love her voice.  She's fantastic!
  • CM, if you love her, do yourself a favor and continue to not listen to radio.  I still love her voice but she is so overplayed that I'm sick of the songs. 
  • edited February 2012
    I just got back from my future in laws house. Now FI and I are eating pizza for dinner.
    He will be working from home tonight and I need to do some homework. I'm hoping to convince him to start watching HIMYM with me. We bought the first two seasons a while back, but haven't watched it yet.

I would be pretty livid too Chelsea. Registries take a long freaking time, let alone by hand.
  • Ha, I can't believe you'd never heard Adele. I feel like i can't get into my car without hearing at least four Adele songs along the way.

I'm just printing some activities out for N's Valentine's Day gift and cleaning/hobbling around. I hope he picks this Ghost Tour because I love those. We did a great one in SF and had so much fun.

I'm about to make this for dinner: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/grilled-chicken-with-lemon-basil-pasta/
  • Hi.  I just found out that FI isn't going to be home for dinner tonight, so now I have zero motivation to cook.  I'm hungry though, so I need to figure something out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oooh Nates, that sounds yummy.

Has ayone else been getting these annoying "invite X number of people to get a $500 VS gift card" event?  Do people really think that they think VS would give out that many gift cards and be able to track who invites who?  I've gotten like 10 of them in the past two days.  Annoying!
  • YUM, Nates. That reminds me of this new recipe I want to check out:

Hey, can Baxter and Rigby have a playdate in like six weeks? :) Also, can I return your book to you maybe this weekend? lol worst person here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:284c2edf-354a-453a-9be4-d6646d3b2816">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]CM, if you love her, do yourself a favor and continue to not listen to radio.  I still love her voice but she is so overplayed that I'm sick of the songs. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Ha! this is totally what I was going to say. As much I liked her, I can't even listen to her anymore because she is on the radio 24/7.

She is super cute though, and her lyrics are awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nates, a ghost tour sounds fun!  I really wanted to go the Mary King's Close tour when we were in Edinburgh, but FI wasn't having it.  I'm still disappointed.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh, and registries suck. We had so many issues with our Target registry--it was always down, unavailable, not showing what people bought--it was a real PITA.   Our BBB registry was the best.

I didn't know Home depot did registries.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:1aa5d9a7-ff26-4586-be4f-f46b5580630c">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and registries suck. We had so many issues with our Target registry--it was always down, unavailable, not showing what people bought--it was a real PITA.   Our BBB registry was the best.<strong> I didn't know Home depot did registries.
    </strong>Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Neither did I at first haha. But they have a lot of the tools we wanted to get.. plus, of our 3 stores, they're the only ones that have a store in our hometown (where the wedding is).  The other two are 30 miles away.
  • Evening ladies. I am still at work for a couple hours. It is pretty slow so I am online shopping. Well sort of. I am just browsing and pinning what I like. I have no idea what do for dinner. I need to have my eyebrows done so I want to grab something quick.
  • I think Adele has a nice voice but im sorta meh about her. I didnt really like her cd all that much, i found it boring.

A friend of mine who is getting married this summer is apparently registering through some company where you can essentially register *anywhere*. I wish that was around when I got married lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:7dcc8a6f-d9eb-451f-b0aa-948eb06231bb">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Adele has a nice voice but im sorta meh about her. I didnt really like her cd all that much, i found it boring. A friend of mine who is getting married this summer is apparently registering through some company where you can essentially register *anywhere*. I wish that was around when I got married lol
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Amazon?</div>
  • Yay, doggy playdate :)    We won't be here this weekend, but you can drop it off if you want.  We're going to Indiana to visit the ILs for the long weekend.

Linds, I always want to do ghost tours, but N more or less just humors me.  They're so much fun, though. I can imagine the one in Edinburgh must be amazing.
  • Yeah, they advertize that all the time on the radio here. I think it's myregistry.com or something like that. 
  • No, amazon isnt the same in Canada, its only books and dvds and what not here. nothing else.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:e95e6227-9c9b-4875-b847-cc4b10850172">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, amazon isnt the same in Canada, its only books and dvds and what not here. nothing else.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope. I just can't. That is ridiculous.</div>
  • I know Amazon ships to Canada.  It must be true because I saw it in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well they do, but I dont know many people who use the .com site (other than my husband). Hell, most people I know dont even use the .ca site either. The people in my real life are strange creatures that dont really use the internet the way I think they should.
  • Haha, how can you do Christmas shopping without Amazon.com?  I don't know how I could have managed the past couple of years without it.  My life will never be the same.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:0cf1ae90-298b-4182-b572-8218bfe13b46">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, how can you do Christmas shopping without Amazon.com?  I don't know how I could have managed the past couple of years without it.  My life will never be the same.
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

totally 100% agree. i got so many things from there for xmas, and now for the wedding too!

and i'll back that the Target registry blows. hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We actually bought a lot from Amazon at christmas, but depending on what you get the shipping/customs can be a deterant. I bought some sorel boots and ended up paying 40-50$ on shipping and customs, but the ones I wanted I couldnt find in Canada.
  • Amazon.com only ships SOME things to Canada. It's annoying.  And they take forever to get here.

Amazon.ca sucks. It has some good stuff but .com is so much better.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:a700fa86-6462-4a59-8599-d6acbd8fa05e">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : and i'll back that the Target registry blows. hard.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

That scares me.  That's another place we're registered.  It's still fairly early.. my shower isn't for another month, so only two gifts have been bought off it so far.  But they're fun :)
  • We haven't registered yet.

I really have been slacking lately on the wedding front.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:300b713b-8fd4-4dff-8208-16537208ff67">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't registered yet. I really have been slacking lately on the wedding front.
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize we were date twins! Rock on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards