Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Joint Bridal Shower?

My sisters are getting married in April and May, respectively. Being that I am the oldest child/sister-there are three of us, I am planning a bridal shower for both of them. I am leaning towards planning a joint bridal shower, mainly because they are both having very small/intimate weddings. There are a total of 18 guests (for the combined shower, so why not comibine it?  I found this really cute Morrocan restuarant-great ambiance, very chic and fun. I think it would be great to celebrate them together...Thoughts on the joint bridal shower and thoughts on clever/cute invitation wording? Greatly appreciated!!

Re: Joint Bridal Shower?

• Options
    A few questions:
    Would you be inviting the same 18 guests to both showers? Are those guests all invited to the weddings? How do your sisters feel about sharing a shower?

• Options
    Thanks, MairePoppy! The 18 guests is a combined list from the both (sisters), at least 8 of the guest are mutual. Yes, the guests are invited to the wedding. They are fine with having a combined shower especially because they have a small guest lists and some of the same guests.
  • Options
    As a guest I would be fine with celebrating both sisters showers at the same time.
    The tricky part is that you woudn't want the guests of one bride (her FILs) feel like they must buy a gift for both.You could have a set of invitations made for each sister and mail out either one or both, whichever is appropriate,  to each guest.

• Options
    Thank you for your suggestion. Sending two invites is a great idea!
  • Options
    I agree with Retread. I think if you sent separate invites, people would show up expecting a shower for only one of your sisters, not both.

Make sure, if you list registry information on the invite, that you clearly indicate which bride is registered where. This should help drive home the point that this is a joint shower, and separating that info could ensure that guests know they don't need to purchase two gifts.
  • Options
    Retread's and cebrady's answers make more sense than mine. If I was attending the shower for one bride, I would want to bring a small gift for the other bride as well. If I didn't know the shower was for both sisters, I wouldn't have that option. It's not such a good idea to surprise the guests like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards