Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals Grande Ochos Rios in Jamaica

Has anyone been there? Any reviews??

We planned our honeymoon there for January 2011 and can't wait, but I would like opinions please....

Thanks!!!!

~Joann

Re: Sandals Grande Ochos Rios in Jamaica

• I was there a year and a half ago. Very fun! We booked a standard room and upon arrival asked to be upgraded. We got our own suite which was very nice and close to the pool by the beach. I also liked that you could go to the other sandals to eat but there were many options at the resort.

Negatives:
    - main pool and beach are on two different sides of the street have to take a shuttle.
    - not as luxurious as other sandals but it was still fantastic and I would return.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went last December and loved it. I agree with PP on the negatives but the positives outweighed the negatives. Take advantage of the included activities at the resort. We loved snorkling, kayaking, and the shows. I never posted a formal review but here's some pictures

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=6603422&aid=2083608
  • Also meant to mention that we booked a tour for a day with a local travel agency I heard about on TripAdvisor.com. It was much cheaper than the excursions through the resort. We had our own private van that took us anywhere we wanted to go. They packed snacks and water for us and we were able to leave our stuff safely with them during the excursions.

We first went Ziplining and ATVing, then they took us to Margaritaville for lunch, then we climbed the Falls.

It was an amazing day and like I said much cheaper than the excursions! If you are interested send me a message and I can send you their information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we went to SGOR for our HM last august and loved it!!  If you can afford it, definitely get the butler service, it is amazing!  We had an oceanview villa on the manor side and  loved it.  We shared our little pool with 3 other rooms, but the week we were there, they were all empty!   

I highly suggest the catamaran tour to Dunns River falls...it is so much fun!!  We also went ziplining and got a great deal through the Sandals resort by booking beforehand.  The nice thing about booking through Sandals is that if there is a problem  it can be fixed very easily by the staff there.  We ended up changing the day of our catamaran tour because of things going on at the resort that we didn't want to miss.    they have alot of fun activities and different themed parties at night that you don't want to miss!   Have fun, we want to go back there so bad!!
  • we are going there on March.. can't wwait

blipsettpr --- can you please give me the information for thr tours that you did please.
    thank you
    mariamartinez1 at gmail.com
  • blipsettpr - I would also like the info for the tour ! Thanks

bean0408@aol.com
  • don't forget to sign up for your sandals signature points on the website to get a free trip!
  • I was there last year and loved it! We booked a standard room on the mountain side and were upgraded to the beach side when we arrived. The food was good- definitely must try the jerk chicken! You do have to take the shuttle if you want to go to the other side of the resort, but we never had a problem with that. There are pools and restaurants on each side so you really don't have to go back and forth unless you want to. If you'd like more details PM me! Enjoy you HM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards