Pre-wedding Parties

To invite, or not to invite?

I've been asked to provide a guest list for my shower...and I have a dilemma.

There are several close friends and family members who live on the other side of the country that are invited to the wedding. I would clearly not expect them (or want them to feel obligated to try) to travel all that way just to come to my shower.  But on the other hand, I wouldn't want them to feel badly that they weren't invited either...

Do I send them an invitation?

Re: To invite, or not to invite?

• edited December 2011
    Anyone else getting a feeling of deja vu?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Well, hey, that was helpful...thanks! 

Just for the record, I went through 2 full pages of posts without finding any similar postings.  Perhaps if this is something people ask frequently, it might make sense to add a FAQ sticky post to the board.

Oh, and PS. You may want to look up the word "karma" in the dictionary.

Have a nice day!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fallingsnow:  before you get snotty with Matilda, may I suggest that you look at the post called "Bridal Shower Invite Etiquette" which appears exactly 3 posts below yours?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_invite-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d1aa7f16-9d07-4693-8688-3895f8b0a060Post:056aaef7-57b0-4e22-b3b4-bf5810c8bb93">Re: To invite, or not to invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, hey, that was helpful...thanks!  Just for the record, I went through 2 full pages of posts without finding any similar postings.  Perhaps if this is something people ask frequently, it might make sense to add a FAQ sticky post to the board. Oh, and PS. You may want to look up the word "karma" in the dictionary. Have a nice day!
    Posted by fallingsnow[/QUOTE]

JIC
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_invite-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:d1aa7f16-9d07-4693-8688-3895f8b0a060Post:056aaef7-57b0-4e22-b3b4-bf5810c8bb93">Re: To invite, or not to invite?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, hey, that was helpful...thanks!  Just for the record, I went through 2 full pages of posts without finding any similar postings.  Perhaps if this is something people ask frequently, it might make sense to add a FAQ sticky post to the board. Oh, and PS. You may want to look up the word "karma" in the dictionary. Have a nice day!
    Posted by fallingsnow[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks! And like trix said, 3 posts below this one. Just sayin'.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards