April 2012 Weddings

Frustrated with all of the options!!!

Does anyone else feel overwhelmed by the number of vendors available for everything?? I looked at 12 venues before I chose my final one, now I am going between 5 different Pastors, and 3 different DJ companies!! I am getting overwhelmed by the number of options that are available! How do you know which one to choose?? Is anyone else having this problem or am I just doing TOO much research!!?? How are you deciding on your vendors??

I am glad the wedding is 17 months away and I have time to shop through all of these different vendors to find the one that is the best value! Thanks for your input ladies!!
April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Frustrated with all of the options!!!

• It can be very overwhelming picking your vendors and rest assured you arent the only one. I can say from experience with myself and with friends weddings that when picking your vendors you will just know whats right. You also have to take into account what fits your budget your style and your wedding size. From the few vendors I have already selected I absolutly knew that they were what and whom I wanted. So im waiting till I get that feeling from other vendors before making my choice. Its your wedding so you need to make sure you are getting everything you want. Also there is NO such thing as to much research. This will only give you more to choose from. So my advice is wait till you find someone you couldnt do without. Thats what im doing since we do have a while till the wedding. HTH

Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Also if you feel yourself getting to overwhelmed or stressed take a day or weekend off from planning and then come back to it. We have so much time till April 2012 that we can afford to take a break and step back to destress. It will also make things easier when you come back to it.

Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Something we've been doing is only looking at one type of vendor at a time.  First we did the venues.  After that was set, we looked for photographers.  Now, we are doing the DJ, and next is the officiant.  Because we have so much time, this allows us to only be researching/calling/dealing with one type of vendor at a time.  I narrowed people down by looking at their price range, their ratings on weddingwire and on my local board, and their familiarity with my venue - a slight preference to photographers and DJs who have worked at my venue before.  Once we did that, I didn't feel overwhelmed by the number of choices.

Definitely take a break if you are feeling overwhelmed- we have lots of time!
  • Thanks ladies! I took a week off and I am now taking mdphd's suggestion of booking one vendor at a time! We are working on finding a pastor! Thanks for your suggestions and advice!
    April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards