New Jersey

Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area

I am getting married July 3, 2010. My fiance and I are taking our engagement photos (a little late) in the end of April and we are trying to find a great spot to take the pictures in the NJ/NY area. We aren't particular. I love beautiful architecture. Something that will match our wedding's regal theme. We are very open and would love something unique. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area

• laurenross01laurenross01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cloisters are gorgeous, or the lambert castle.
    Hope that helps!
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We started in Liberty State Park, then got on the ferry to Ellis Island and Liberty Island, and took some more while walking around Liberty Island. It was a lot of fun and we're thrilled with how they came out.

http://www.swoon-online.com/2009/11/liberty-island-engagement-shoot.html

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pics, I love Ellis Island!
  • Sari88Sari88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Central Park is really nice. I also think frank sinatra park in hoboken would be cool because you can have pics by the NY skyline
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We took ours in Central Park.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's a "Regal Theme"?
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Medieval times?
  • edited December 2011
    Swords?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like this?

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Kathy......I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

HAHAH! Kathy, so funny I almost spit my drink all over my computer

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What? That's a regal wedding, right?
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
  • edited December 2011
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Holy crap, my girls are back!!!!
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Kathy---that is classic!  I needed that laugh tonight!!
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy- that is the funniest thing I have seen on here in a long time!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_engagement-photos-njny-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:855f48e5-f7e6-438a-b585-fd7fe5270ba8Post:2e38c92c-354e-42b5-a9a7-ccfee29c5f4d">Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Medieval times?
    Posted by cherylanddan0706[/QUOTE]

The wedding is dinner AND tournament!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_engagement-photos-njny-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:855f48e5-f7e6-438a-b585-fd7fe5270ba8Post:349f4a4c-eaa3-4d34-ada0-450b91161dbb">Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area : The wedding is dinner AND tournament!
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

I thought those were the new best kind of weddings Tiff
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just spit my water all over my dog I laughed so hard at that. Thank you.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should just wait till the Renaissance Fair and go there.  If you're lucky, you'll have a guy right at the entrance make the same comment to you that he did to me.  I had an alcoholic beverage in my hand and he said "Good job on the alcohol. I'd like thee to bear my children!"
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • edited December 2011
    I believe to have your photographer take photos inside Cloisters you need a permit. As for the New York Renaissance faire, it's after your wedding...normally starts in August. Very pretty grounds though. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_engagement-photos-njny-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:855f48e5-f7e6-438a-b585-fd7fe5270ba8Post:48fc637f-bd06-42b1-937b-f9f51e2b3b30">Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe to have your photographer take photos inside Cloisters you need a permit. <strong>As for the New York Renaissance faire, it's after your wedding</strong>...normally starts in August. Very pretty grounds though. 
    Posted by jrgoogrl[/QUOTE]

Um, that wasn't a serious suggestion....
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_engagement-photos-njny-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:855f48e5-f7e6-438a-b585-fd7fe5270ba8Post:dfd079f7-c544-4352-bc89-0abcf596a0f4">Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area : Um, that wasn't a serious suggestion....
    Posted by mscutieri[/QUOTE]

Lol! Mish you NEED to take me to the fair I want that response... Okay I'll be honest what I really want is our guilty pleasure day after pictures!
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_engagement-photos-njny-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:855f48e5-f7e6-438a-b585-fd7fe5270ba8Post:349f4a4c-eaa3-4d34-ada0-450b91161dbb">Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to take "Engagement" Photos in NJ/NY area : The wedding is dinner AND tournament!
    Posted by kewltif[/QUOTE]

Their vegetable soup was awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG that picture is priceless! Not sure what Medival thing you can find but Hoboken has lots of nice places where you can take your pictures.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • edited December 2011
    I love that people are really taking this medieval/rennaisance fair sh*t seriously....hahahaha
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards