Attire & Accessories Forum

Pnina Tornai

For those of you who watch Say Yes to the Dress, I'm in love with Pnina Tornai's ballgowns and how big the skirt part is but they're insanely expensive. I can't find any other designers who even make similar style dresses (meaning with a hoop skirt underneath because they're so big). Does anyone know of another designer who makes that kind of dress and preferably at a lower price?

Re: Pnina Tornai

• The first one that comes to mind is Demetrios--they have a number of huge-skirted ballgowns as well as a few that have translucent corseted bodices.
  • You could also look at Quinceanera gowns.  They often have HUGE skirts, are usually available in white/ivory and other colors, and I've heard they tend to be less expensive than bridal gowns. 

Plus, I've noticed that a lot of styles are actually 3 pieces:  a bodies, big ceremony skirt, and shorter party skirt so you can change up the look for the reception.
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pnina has a lower priced line that just came out, you can look into that as well!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Why not find a gown with a large bottom and wear a hoop? I was telling my friend how I loved my dress but wished it were a bit bigger and she's letting me use her hoop from her wedding, (which I didn't know she even had, I thought it was loads of crinny!)
  • I just bought a Pnina at Kleinfelds and I love it!

I actually purchased from her lower priced line which is brand new. It was also a Pnina trunk show so I got a discount. I would look around for a trunk show by her and try to go. She also is at all her trunk shows and it is fun to meet her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prog09Prog09 member
    First Comment
    Hello Ladies - Could you help me out? I love the look of this Pnina Tornai dress and would like to find a similar one that is less expensive. I haven't been able to find any other similar dresses. http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/kleinfeld-pnina-tornai-exclusives/4137 Any help is greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards