Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

OL Tuesday

Dear work,
Please be kind today I'm not ready to go back. I already know I'm spending the 1st hour or two back tracking to make sure ASM did her job and made sure everyone else did theirs. This was a test and if you can't run a store for 3 days which you have failed in the past everytime, than you should not have your job.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: OL Tuesday

• Dear Finals Week,
    Let's get this accomplished!
    Anniversary

• Dear Knotties,
    I am giving two exams today to a total of 15ish kids; however, I still see the other three classes as part of the last day of review.  Thank you, new exemption policy!!!!  Sadly, my most annoying class isn't scheduled for their exam until tomorrow.

Dear Doctors,
    I think you are not doing right by my dad right now and I hope that he gets new ones very soon.  Just because he's on Medicare doesn't mean you should just send him home.  He's got renal failure and does dialysis three days a week for crying out loud. 
  • ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Aw, Julie, both of those are bummers! :(

Kt - good luck, I hope it turns out better than you're thinking it will!

Dear Self,
    Why are you so unintelligent? Staying up until 2 when you have to get up at 5:30 is never a good idea, regardless of a nap during the day. Today is going to be the longest. day. ever.
    -Exhuasted Knottie

Anniversary
  • Dear Knotties,
    Bachelorette party this weekend! I am about as square as they come but I'm really going to try to go all out and let my inhibitions go.

Dear FI,
    I know you are dying for me to get a stripper but dear god please stay out of this. My sister is already a loose canon.

Dear everyone in TX,
    GO VOTE TODAY!

• Dear knee,
    Please stop hurting, I don't want to make a trip to the doctor.

julie - thoughts and prayers for your dad!

cwaggoner - you'll only have one bachelorette party so enjoy it! :-)
  • Dear admins,
    It is absolutely ridiculous that we have students who have you completely wrapped around your finger.  This kid doesn't know how to behave himself so he spends every day in ISS?  He gets to CHOOSE if he is going to behave or be in ISS?  Why the eff is he still here?  Why are there no consequences for his stupidity?
    Anniversary

• Dear Julie,
    Doctor's Hospital gets paid more by Medicare than they do by Secure Horizons and all the other crappy Medicare replacement plans they accept now.  Basically, the majority of their patients pay the hospital hardly a dime because of their insurance coverage.  As such, I can imagine many of the good physicians there jumped ship.  I'd definitely go to Baylor or Presby next time for sure.  I'm really sorry that your dad had that experience. :(
    -Amy-

Dear Work,
    I'm not ready to go back to you tomorrow.  I compromised on my vacation days and I was originally supposed to be off tomorrow and then decided I could come back tomorrow instead.  I really wish I would have stuck to my guns.  At least there are no more 12-hour shifts in my future.
    -Depressed Employee-
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Dear cookies on my work comp-

Please stop re-settting, cause each time you do I have to log back into TK, which auto-directs me back to TN. I do not want to go there, K?

Dear funk that I am in-

I don't know why you are hovering over me in such a manner that's making me super irritable, but I really need to shake you. I am about to tear off my coordinator's head cause she won't quit talking.

Dear Julie-

I have you and your dad in my constant Ts & Ps while you all get through this.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Juile,
    T&Ps to you! 

Dear CW,
    Thanks for the awesome seats to the rangers game tonight! Color me excited!
    -grateful CW
  • Dear Julie,

Ts&Ps for your Dad. Hopefully he will begin to get the care he needs. I understand how incredibly frustrating things can be. 

Dear home,

I have truly missed you and feel so great to be back. 

Dear DH's Work,
    I hate you so much right now. Your head editor and FT employee (one out of 4 FT employees) got married this weekend and none of you could attend because of a last minute shoot?????? On a Saturday?? On a holiday weekend???? An hour of your time would have been more than enough. Plus, we paid for you all and your wives to come, and not so much as a phone call, except when to ask him the day after if you could use some of his equipment and if he could review some of the footage. You let my DH down and that is.not.cool. 
    -Really Upset Wife

(am I really a wife? so weird...)
  • Dear wedding invitations,

It would be great if you can write and stuff yourself so I don't have to do that myself tonight. Thanks and more thanks

Dear Fi,

Thank you for trying to get done with school so quickly by taking 7 classes over the summer before our wedding. Your doing awesome!

!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear Laundry,
    You have been sitting on my bedroom floor for what seems like weeks. Fold yourself and go away. I am not going to tell you again!

Dear BF,
    Thank you for FINALLY getting the wasp's nest on our patio. Now me and the dogs can go out on the patio without fearing for our lives. Much appreciated!!
    Love,
    Your scaredy cat GF

Dear Mom,
    Are you playing phone chicken with me? All I ever hear is that I never call you... well guess what... phone works both ways! I love you, but if you want to talk CALL!
    Love,
    Dont worry, I dont call anyone!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-138?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:95d0c7bd-555c-43a1-9425-dc69b03232a3Post:c81e91dc-0898-4654-b3fc-4af284254d95">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] Dear DH's Work, I hate you so much right now. Your head editor and FT employee (one out of 4 FT employees) got married this weekend and none of you could attend because of a last minute shoot?????? On a Saturday?? On a holiday weekend???? An hour of your time would have been more than enough. Plus, we paid for you all and your wives to come, and not so much as a phone call, except when to ask him the day after if you could use some of his equipment and if he could review some of the footage. You let my DH down and that is.not.cool.  -Really Upset Wife <strong>(am I really a wife? so weird...)</strong>
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

<div>Three of my closest friends no-showed our wedding after RSVPing "yes" and confirming two days before the wedding.  I have to admit that my feelings are really hurt.  I'm sorry that they did this to your H... it's really not cool at all. </div><div>
    </div><div>and to the bolded part, it DOES feel so weird, doesn't it?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-138?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:95d0c7bd-555c-43a1-9425-dc69b03232a3Post:9b2550c5-eeca-4da9-bd61-ac9d7c92a214">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : <strong>Three of my closest friends no-showed our wedding after RSVPing "yes" and confirming two days before the wedding.  I have to admit that my feelings are really hurt</strong>.  I'm sorry that they did this to your H... it's really not cool at all.  and to the bolded part, it DOES feel so weird, doesn't it?
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    I didn't have many of my close friends no show me (they were all in my WP). However, there were some people who no-showed that I was kind of disappointed about. One RSVP'd yes for two weddings on the same day (WHO DOES THAT?!) and didn't even tell me. 
    I guess he was embarrassed.
  • Kathleen - I probably shouldn't have hurt feelings over the whole thing, but I am a little sore about it.  I don't understand why someone can't at least text and say, "Hey, I'm so sorry but something came up and I can't make it.  I'll be thinking of you!" or just something to let me know.  It's weird to me that a close friend would just not show up and not let me know, even after the fact.  I hope I don't sound like a witch here, but I just know that I would never no-show on someone like that.  At the very least I would have text the person to let them know.

Dear Brother,
    I'm a little blown away.  You left me a voice message asking me if we want to rent your house in Frisco because you have decided to buy a house with and move in with your girlfriend of 3 months.  You are both divorced and you both have 1 or more children. I really, really hope that you two have thought this through and that you have consulted a lawyer about what things could go wrong when you buy a house with someone else like this.  I'm just... a little shocked.  This isn't like you at all.
    -Your Little Sister-
  • Amy, I too had close friends that no-showed. One of them was the pregnant bridesmaid who dropped out (graciously mind you) due to a heart condition and concern for the pregnancy. As a childhood friend, to go from Bridesmaid to RSVP Yes but no show- I too was hurt. Agreed, a phone call would have been nice. Either way, at least we have great memories with the people who made it, right? 

PS, just saw your pics on the McG's blog- Awesome! You guys look so great. I am so happy everything turned out lovely for you guys- y'all deserve it. 
  • Amy, not saying I am one of the close friends, or even really trying to justify people bailing (because we had people no-show, too), but I know that when I realized I couldn't make it, I just decided I'd rather not bother you with a last minute "no" and just let you enjoy yourself.

Look at it this way, someone could have come, but then let you know that he was offended that you chose "The absolute worst day to get married" and that he was leaving early to go to a bar and watch football.  I'd have rather the jerk just not come.  =)
    Anniversary

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    @ Professor -- True, but one of them is my best friend and she has not answered my texts/e-mails since I noticed she didn't come.  I'm really worried about her.  I dunno, I guess I'm weird, but I just thought my closest friends would actually let me know what's up, even if it was the next day after the wedding.  They are all really good people -- not jerks -- so when they didn't show, I wondered what had happened and it worried me a little.

Bottom line is that I need to get over it, and I'm getting there.

ETA:  I knew you were moving so when I didn't see you there, I knew you ended up having to work on packing/moving and that was NBD.  Hell, I would have brought ya a plate of food on the way to the hotel if I had thought about it! :)
  • Oh yeah, that's different.  =)

And you are so sweet!
    Anniversary

• Dear ex-roomie,
    You text J on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week saying that you were going to come get the stuff that you left behind in our garage on each of those nights, and you never showed up to get it. I am not your personal storage facility, and no, we did not haul your stuff to our new place for you to pick up at your leisure. You are a grown up, and you need to care more about your own stuff than we ever should. We felt bad on Friday and Saturday, but were a tad busy moving our own stuff than to hound you to come get it all. Then, you text J today and are surprised to hear that it was all put out with the trash? Sorry, Charlie. We didn't go through your boxes to see if any valuables were in there because IT ISN'T OUR STUFF. You should have probably kept your passport and birth certificate in a safer place. We gave you every opportunity, and we warned you that Thursday was the last day. You responded 'okay', and STILL didn't come out.  
    end rant.

Congrats Amy and Amanda!!!!  I can't wait to see more pics!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-138?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:95d0c7bd-555c-43a1-9425-dc69b03232a3Post:9b142f88-3f79-4b7e-97e5-5f8b029b6f94">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear ex-roomie, You text J on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week saying that you were going to come get the stuff that you left behind in our garage on each of those nights, and you never showed up to get it. I am not your personal storage facility, and no, we did not haul your stuff to our new place for you to pick up at your leisure. You are a grown up, and you need to care more about your own stuff than we ever should. We felt bad on Friday and Saturday, but were a tad busy moving our own stuff than to hound you to come get it all. Then, you text J today and are surprised to hear that it was all put out with the trash? Sorry, Charlie. We didn't go through your boxes to see if any valuables were in there because IT ISN'T OUR STUFF. You should have probably kept your passport and birth certificate in a safer place. We gave you every opportunity, and we warned you that Thursday was the last day. You responded 'okay', and STILL didn't come out.   end rant. Congrats Amy and Amanda!!!!  I can't wait to see more pics!
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.is.awesome.  This is the kind of thing that I've always wished I could nut up and do but never would.  She should have picked up the stuff.  Period.  You gave her several opportunities and made her aware of what would happen if she didn't come by -- she got your message and responded that it was fine.  You had every right to trash that crap, and I wouldn't feel bad at all.  Please give me a nugget of your courage, lol.

</div>
  • Wow! That is awesome. I would have done exactly that and left her stuff curb side for trash. After all you guys couldn't even get her to move out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had so much rage built up, this was my release!! I just couldn't believe that J got to that point of frustration since he is usually unconditionally compassionate and accomodating.
  • Whoo hoooo! Yay for empowerment! Hopefully this will be the end of annoying ex-roomie. 

(and thanks!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards