Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Photos before the ceremony

Hi everyone!  Has anyone taken photos before the wedding ceremony, or know anyone that has?  We were thinking of doing this and having a "first look" photo session with our photographer where we see each other for the first time before the ceremony.  I thought this would be great because I like the idea of having that one special moment together, just the two of us (and the photographer of course so he can capture our first moments!), where we see each other for the first time (and with no worries about becoming all emotional in front of 100+ people!)  I'm thinking that he would be waiting outside with his back towards me, then I would walk out the doors, slowly walk up to him, tap him on the shoulder, and he would turn around.  Any thoughts, or advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photos before the ceremony

• ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done this (YET!) but will be next August. Lots of brides have done this (many saying it's the best idea they had) because it also gives you more time to enjoy the cocktail hour and reception. Also lots of guests appreciate if the photos are done ahead of time that way the entire WP is not gone for a large chunk of time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feel free to look at my reveal pics in my married bio.  We decided about a month before the wedding to do a first look and we are so glad we did it.  The stress just melts away and you can enjoy everything from then on together.
  • ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.  Stephiehall-I tried to look at your pics and it gave me an error message!  I would love to see your photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you clicking on the "With all the trimmings" link?  That is where they are but here are a few.

• ginabean82ginabean82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your photos!  That is exactly what I had in mind for our first look photos!  Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards