Florida-West Coast

Alcohol Question

Do you think it would be more economical to prepay for an open bar or pay based on consumption?  Our reception is from 1-5pm.  So I feel like people won't be drinking as much as they would at a evening wedding.

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Alcohol Question

• sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was worried that if we paid per drink that I would be hovering over the bar marking a list everytime someone orders so I don't get overcharged.  I opted for the per person even though most of my guests left early because they had to work the next day, and because the ones who did stay drank enough for everyone I am glad I did. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on your group, and the pricing. If your open bar price is the same as say 3 drinks and you think your crowd would drink more than that then I'd go with open bar.

I know for a FACT my group drank WAYYYY more than that :) They prob averaged at least 7 drinks each (but prob more :)
  • sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what she said ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our original plan was to go w/ the open bar, but after speaking to my cousin the other day (he got married last year & we'll be having many of the same guests), he made me rethink our decision.  He paid by consumption.  I think we'll stick to the original plan.  Just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else was doing.  Thanks.

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to do the per consumption thing just because we are having a very small sunday afternoon wedding, and most of the people coming aren't big drinkers, so I think that makes more sense for us.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't imagine people drinking a lot between 1 and 5:00. However, it depends on who you're inviting..if you're inviting your 20-something college buddies you may want to pay based on open bar. If it's mostly family who's older I would pay based on consumption, but I would also make sure you keep an eye on the bar so they're not opening up bottles just to add it to your bill.
  • navybride02navybride02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It definitely depends on your crowd. Once we started looking at our bar package options, it basically became cheaper for us to do a per person open bar assuming each guest would consume at least 3 drinks. I think in the end it will be cheaper for us, but we're also having a Saturday night wedding with a lot of 20 somethings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards