Massachusetts-Boston

Invite timeline question

Invitations are being made and will be here around June 15th. My reply date is by August 5 (wedding on Sept 17). When do the invites need to go out by? That is how long do I need to give someone to reply to them?

Thanks!! Have a good weekend everyone!

Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Invite timeline question

• edited December 2011
    Typically invitations are mailed 6-8 weeks in advance, the latter if you have lots of OOT guests. We mailed ours 8 weeks out b/c we got married on a long weekend and also on a holiday.

Make sure you give yourself enough time for follow-up calls (we had lots that didn't use their RSVP card!) and also time to get your final count in...GL!
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on giving our guests ~4 weeks, but then mailed our invites super late, and they only had about 2 weeks.  It worked out okay though bc most people sent them back right away.
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is Oct. 10th. and our rsvp date is September 15th... just about 3 weeks before the wedding.

We are mailing out our invites on July 10th so that gives our guests tons of time to rsvp. Hopefully they will send them back quickly and we won't have to stalk anyone.
  • edited December 2011

Response deadline is approx. 1 month before the wedding (depending on when you need the final count).
    Invitations go out 2 months before the wedding, so July 17th for you.

10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you guys so much!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    yea I think the girls here are right.. generally if you have more out of town guests... send things out earlier. I sent mine on Monday and our reply date is July 10th.. so we gave them loads of time.. and people are responding quickly.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited December 2011

i know it wasnt my question but thanks for answering it. lol

what about save the dates?

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

save the dates typically are mailed 9-12 months in advance...the latter if it is a destination wedding, long weekend holiday etc. to give guests ample time to make travel reservations, hope that helps :)

• edited December 2011
    cool, thats what im doing. thanks!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards