Nevada-Las Vegas

Checkage!

I am so excited about this, I had to post. I got an email from Bellagio/Aria that Top Chef Gail Simmons is hosting the Food & Wine Festival for when we are there!! We are doing the "Main Event" night on Sat. at Aria, here's the description: Experience the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend's main event ,the All-Star Tasting featuring delicious samplings served poolside with wine, beer and cocktails. Enjoy perfectly prepared sample-sized portions of signature dishes from BARMASA, Sage, Julian Serrano, Sirio Ristorante, and Jean Georges Steakhouse as well as unique creations from your favorite cheftestants

We were going to do a steakhouse and a show, but FI wasn't too keen on a show anyways, so perfecto. I'm so stoked!

I also ordered food for the wedding morning from Jason's Deli. There are 13 of us (7 guys in their suite getting ready, 6 girls in ours), I got the the Large Crossiant Party Platter for both the guys and the girls, includes crossiant sandwhiches, chips, mustard, mayo and pickles. I also got the Coffee Cake Sampler tray for us girls since we'll be getting ready earlier than the guys. We'll buy orange juice for mimosas etc. and have some alcohol/pop in the guys suite.

Lastly, I called Rocket Fizz and put in an order for Old Fashioned pop bottles that are going in my beverage container. It's not really an order but she's going to make sure she has everything ready/on hand for us to pick up when we get in town.

Re: Checkage!

• edited December 2011
    How much in total was your Jason's Deli order?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:822f8c2e-c073-44a8-a909-7f3253d038fc">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much in total was your Jason's Deli order?
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

It was $105.46 including the $5 delivery charge
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:97b22b40-0195-4ca9-93cc-57a63d793610">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checkage! : It was $105.46 including the $5 delivery charge
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

<div>Ooh nice, that's not bad.  Grats on the checks, you're getting so close!!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Fantastic!!!  I'm such a Top Chef fan - I follow a bunch of them on twitter (nerd alert).  Apparently Blais and Dale (my two favorites) might be cooking in Mpls sometime soon?  Either way, your event sounds like a super fun idea!!

Congrats on the checks :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:30fa063c-09c2-4239-bde0-5417b7c034b9">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fantastic!!!  I'm such a Top Chef fan - I follow a bunch of them on twitter (nerd alert).  Apparently Blais and Dale (my two favorites) might be cooking in Mpls sometime soon?  Either way, your event sounds like a super fun idea!! Congrats on the checks :)
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Really, where at? I just went to 112 Eatery last weekend and it was really good! I want to try Saffron next. I went to the MN Food and Wine Festival a couple years ago and it was so fun/good! So I'd think the Vegas one will be even better, hoping at least!
  • Ch2ndraCh2ndra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much time do they want us to call ahead? I wasn't going to order till a week before.
    Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:5058c1f2-0767-4ae1-9465-15da7d4f9221">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much time do they want us to call ahead? I wasn't going to order till a week before.
    Posted by Ch2ndra[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sure you can do it then or maybe even a couple days before. I just wanted it done and paid for so I could check it off my list.
  • edited December 2011
    Nice! LOVE Rocket Fizz by the way!
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You've been busy.

I would love to meet the chef!!

Score on the rocket fizz too!!!
  • edited December 2011
    awww Sara, your SO close.....congrats on all those checks. We have Jasons deliver the morning of the wedding and it was great. If I didnt get that...I know I would not have ate.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  I know, seems so close now, everyone says that this time will fly, now I believe them:)

I also booked our transportation last week, went with Bell, and booked items from RSVP Rental as well. Seems like I'm getting there, but my list is still long lol. My FI has his fantasy draft tonight and his bach party Sat. so hoping to get some DIY projects/shopping done this weekend!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:b5aa26ec-30e9-47b3-94c6-a8433cc51f3c">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Checkage! : Really, where at? I just went to 112 Eatery last weekend and it was really good! I want to try Saffron next. I went to the MN Food and Wine Festival a couple years ago and it was so fun/good! So I'd think the Vegas one will be even better, hoping at least!
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on Twitter, so I'm not sure if it's confirmed yet.  I'm going to keep my eyes open! 

I haven't been to 112, but I have been to Saffron - it's great :)  My girls mentioned having the bridal shower at Cafe Barbette (amazing brunch).  We went to the Food and Wine Fest this year at Target Field... we ate SO much wine and cheese!  One of the best parts of Las Vegas is the food, so I'm sure you'll love it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome checks! FI and I looooove food, so I'm totally jealous of the Top Chef events!

I'm still considering Jason's Deli for getting ready in the morning. But the Platinum suites have kitchens, so I might talk my mom into making eggs for us, and then buying bagels and cream cheese. We're going to use Jason's Deli for our rehearsal dinner for salads.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_checkage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:84596712-5be9-44d0-a929-b1bdb7aa699dPost:fc80edf6-d39d-4b82-aa96-60f1c109c5a4">Re: Checkage!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still considering Jason's Deli for getting ready in the morning. But the Platinum suites have kitchens, so I might talk my mom into making eggs for us, and then buying bagels and cream cheese. We're going to use Jason's Deli for our rehearsal dinner for salads.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

I think what I'm going to do is go out and get food for breakfast and make it there for us girls: eggs, oj, coffee cake, champagne, etc. But I'm going to get some catering to come at about 4:30 for the two families so that we have some lunch before the ceremony. I looked at Jason's Deli, their prices are good. Maybe I'll get sandwhiches and whatnot from them and grab a fruit tray and some other snacks from Fresh&Easy
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Kudos to you guys for maybe making your own stuff for the wedding morning, definitly could work since you have kitchens.  For me I'm just all about what's the easiest for when we're out there, and I think Jason's is pretty reasonable.

Btw for those wondering, they took my card info but they don't take it out until the day before I found out today, boo to that.  Oh well, just had to put the money aside, add it to the pile!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards