North Carolina

Ft. Fisher Historic Site

Hello! I was just wondering if anyone had considered having their ceremony at Ft. Fisher Historic Site underneath the trees?  My fiance and I are looking into having our ceremony there because it is beautiful.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the place!  Thanks !

Re: Ft. Fisher Historic Site

• edited December 2011
    Hello! I was just wondering if anyone had considered having their ceremony at Ft. Fisher Historic Site underneath the trees?  My fiance and I are looking into having our ceremony there because it is beautiful.  Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the place!  Thanks !
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Might try the local boards link to the left
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had friends get married there, do you have a specific question?
  • edited December 2011
    Does your friend have any photos?  I have tried to google pictures of weddings at Ft.  FIsher.  I was trying to get an idea of how other people set up chairs, arbor, etc. for that setting.  Any help is appreciated! Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married on the beach at Fort Fisher. I do know that there's a permit and a small fee (I believe $35) that you need to submit in order to have an event there. If you aren't getting married until 2012 like we are, you can't actually submit the permit application until the 2012 calendar year.

For photos, try going to Flickr and searching Fort Fisher wedding. I saw a few pics of chair set ups there when I looked quickly.

It's a beautiful place for sure!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TK rules prevent me from posting someone else's photos, and my friend who was married there isn't a knottie so she won't be here to post her own.  They had a very small wedding and it was raining that day, the photos probably wouldn't be a lot of help anyway.  PP's suggestion for searching flickr is a good one.

• edited December 2011
    Hiya! My bestfriend was married there last year. It was beautiful and perfect. What do you want to know?
    I don't have photographs of the set up, but she did it away from those really neat trees- so that the view was perfect for photographs and with the sunset the shading was great. Let me know if I can help you out. She used a really great wedding coordinator as well if you're interested. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also am looking to get married at Fort Fisher and would like to have an outdoor reception either there or some place close.  Any information or photos would be helpful.  I will try the flickr search as well.  Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards