Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Nail Salon Rec in Uptown/East Dallas?

Hi Girls, I'm looking for a nail salon to do manis and pedis for myself and bridesmaids on the Friday before the wedding.  We're staying at The Hotel Palomar, so somewhere close to that would be ideal.  I wanted to use Salon Pompeo inside The Palomar, but the manager said they only have 3 nail techs and it would take 3 hours for all of us (a bit long).  That's always a good fall back plan, but I'm looking for some place that can be more efficient.  Any recs would be greatly appreciated!
D&M Bio
Now with vendor reviews!
Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Nail Salon Rec in Uptown/East Dallas?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmmm, probably the biggest one I know of down here is Hollywood Nails down on Oak Lawn across from Pappadeux.  And it's nice, but not as nice as a spa salon.  They do offer wine though which might be fun.

What about Pure in Mockingbird Station--that was the salon I wish I had gone with for mine.

There is also Nail Bar on McKinney but it's also small--it's nice though.

How many do you have?  I go to Nailicious on Oak Lawn regularly and the owner is lovely and my nails looked fabulous for my wedding.  But they are just a regular nail place, not real fancy.  If you are doing a Friday afternoon I bet they would accommodate you.

There's also Bliss at the W.  Don't know how big it is.  I used Riviera but it wouldn't be big enough (and I wouldn't recommend it anyway).
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stephie for the recs!  I'm not necessarily looking for a fancy place, but I do want it to be clean.  I have 5 girls including myself so I'll contact the places you've recommended.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Audrey&AustinAudrey&Austin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m pretty sure that Spa Habitat and Avalon Spa, both are in the West Village, do a pretty good job and wont take too long. The people there are really nice, I've never gone but friends of mine have.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I've gotten a pedicure at Pure before.  It is a spa but they do the nails in the salon area where they do hair, not in the spa area where they do the facials and massages.  I enjoyed the pedi itself but it didn't last very long.  You would get to use the "waterhouse" which is pretty cool and would def be fun with a group.  I've also been to Nail Bar in West Villiage several times and they do a good job.  I went there on my birthday last year and they gave me a free pair of panties that say "Nail Me" on the back!  I haven't been to Hollywood but I've been to Nailicious which is across the street from it on Oak Lawn.  I went there on Valentine's Day *just in case* FI was planning to propose so I'd have a fresh mani for the ring (good thing I did!) and it was probably the longest lasting mani I've had for a while and my hands were super soft.  But then again, I was probably taking extra good care of my hands and nails because of that new ring!
    imageimage Anniversary
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI when I was looking in November, Avalon had NO nail techs.  Very frustrating since I love the one in West Village.  At any rate, the one in West Village only accommodates 2 people at once.

Hollywood is probably the best in terms of size but I think Nailicious could accommodate you also--you would basically take up the whole shop though.

I would have used Nailicious but I was looking for more of a "spa" experience with robes, massages, etc. and I was also looking for a place that served lunch.  Otherwise, I would have went there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards