October 2012 Weddings

*sigh* Think we're going to be short financially.

I forgot to budget for some last minute things and I ended up earning quite a bit of medical bills after a bad experience with a kidney stone in July so when all is said and done we're going to be about $600 short.  I am bummed.  Trying to think of a way to make up the difference, but it's a fairly large number.  Just thought I would be better prepared at this point.

Just ranting.  Feeling stressed but meeting with my mom, sister, 2 of my bridesmaids and a friend in about an hour for a laid back bachelorette party.  Starting with pedicures.  I can't wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
182 can't wait to partyimage
76 are missing all the funimage

Re: *sigh* Think we're going to be short financially.

• Don't worry about this type of thing....as long as vendors are paid off or if you have a way to pay them.   We are pushing it financially too, but I skipped out on some things and know that what really matters about the day is that we are married by the end of it. Relax and enjoy!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Same here.  A couple unexpected things popped up including a $1000 insurance deductible from an accident FI had the end of last month.

I'm trying not to stress about it and I'm trying really hard to cut a few $$ here and there.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had my money problems pop up a few months ago- our Venue said that 'EVERYTHING' was included in the price she gave us, which was NOT the case.  So after all was said and done, I cut the extras and figured out what we needed and what I wanted.  NOW I'm looking at everythign and going, "Ok, can we still squeeze this in, or not?"

It's rough and stressful... Sorry OP!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • Don't worry it happens! My Fi and I are about 1200 bucks short.  His solution was cutting my seamstress budget!  Because we didn't have a contract.  I said silly man.  We are just going to eat it and hope that we make up the rest leading up to the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad to see we're not the only ones in this situation, honestly. It sucks for all of us, so don't take that the wrong way, but I really felt like I was the only one panicking about where to come up with money.

We're pretty much good on the wedding itself (only because our photographer is a friend and is ok with us paying him later), but we're really short on the honeymoon. The plane tickets and hotels are already booked and paid for and have been for awhile, but we aren't sure how we're paying for the rental car or gas. All in all we're about $500 short. Let's just say we're hoping we have generous guests.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You all just made me feel so much better.  I was afraid I was going to get a bunch of "well you should have known your budget and planned accordingly" type responses .. I forgot this isn't the E board HAHA!

You guys are right though, it'll be ok.  We'll figure it out.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards