Catholic Weddings

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

Hi all  -

I know all churches are different regarding how traditional or cometemporary your ceremony music can be. I have free reign - thinking about walking down the aisle to the piano version of "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Interested to hear what everyone else is walking down the aisle to.

Have a great day!

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids walked to "Largo" from the Four Seasons.  I walked to "Alla Hornpipe" from Water Music.  My absolute favorite, though, was our recessional: "Tuba Tune in D" by Lang.  We heard it once at mass, asked the music director if he'd played it, and he ordered a copy just for us.  =)

Although, looking back, I think I heard about one note of any of the music.  H said the same thing -- everything was such a blur.  I'm excited for our video, because I'm sure the music will sound awesome.
    Anniversary

• agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    many brides that I play for today are choosing "How Beautiful".... bridesmaids for the beginning and then the bride during the key change.

One surprised me the other night...she requested everyone stand and sing during the whole procession...including her... to sing "Come to the Water". 

• MedStudent13MedStudent13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always wanted to walk down the isle to Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, played on an organ. It's seriously been my dream since I was a little girl!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids walked down to Morning has Broken and I walked down the aisle to hymn of Jerusalem.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! Check out our Catholic Weddings website (HERE) for a list of songs other brides have used.
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ave maria.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_song-walking-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:c887fcb1-5a0b-4b77-9cbe-f96d5f04418ePost:b62c0664-b203-4e8f-8552-a35f9ece341d">Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey there! Check out our Catholic Weddings website ( HERE ) for a list of songs other brides have used.
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

This is helpful! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We were a little different- we had pretty much all Irish music... with a fiddler & guitarist... we picked a bunch of tunes for the bridal party & processional... and then the tune of "Give me your hand" for me & my dad.   Just the tune, not the lyrics (although we love the lyrics, too).  We also had a gathering song...   God in the Planning (Tune of Slane)

God, in the planning and purpose of life,
    Hallowed the union of husband and wife:
    This we embody where love is displayed,
    Rings are presented and promises made.

Jesus was found, at a similar feast,
    Taking the roles of both waiter and priest,
    Turning the worldly towards the divine,
    Tears into laughter and water to wine.

Therefore we pray that his spirit preside
    Over the wedding of bridegroom and bride,
    Fulfilling all that they've hoped will come true,
    Lighting with love all they dream of and do.

Praise then the Maker, the Spirit, the Son,
    Source of the love through which two are made one.
    God's is the glory, the goodness and grace
    Seen in this marriage and known in this place.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_song-walking-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:c887fcb1-5a0b-4b77-9cbe-f96d5f04418ePost:98bf7897-9ef4-409b-b078-d0d304af1c5c">Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridesmaids walked to "Largo" from the Four Seasons .  I walked to "Alla Hornpipe" from Water Music.   My absolute favorite, though, was our recessional: "Tuba Tune in D" by Lang.  We heard it once at mass, asked the music director if he'd played it, and he ordered a copy just for us.  =) <strong>Although, looking back, I think I heard about one note of any of the music.  H said the same thing -- everything was such a blur. </strong> I'm excited for our video, because I'm sure the music will sound awesome.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I just realized that I didn't hear anything as I walked in either - my eyes and I guess my ears were all on him.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    I walked down the aisle to Canon in D if I remember correctly.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding party walked down to Canon in D.
    We walked down to Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • shawna127shawna127 member
    edited December 2011
    pachebel's canon in D is what I want to walk down to, I absolutely love it. I think it's beautiful! :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    "The Church's One Foundation"
  • allegratreeallegratree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

"March" from Ode for St. Cecilia's Day by Handel.  It is a rather obscure piece that was written for orchestra, though there have been a few organ transcriptions over the years.  It was an instant favorite the first time I heard it.

• edited December 2011
    We had both a civil and a Catholic ceremony (with my priest's blessing) and we used I will be here. I absolutely love that song!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_song-walking-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c887fcb1-5a0b-4b77-9cbe-f96d5f04418ePost:49c19a51-78d4-40d9-b932-e29b584222d6">Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to? : I just realized that I didn't hear anything as I walked in either - my eyes and I guess my ears were all on him.
    Posted by debbiem56[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL! I'm grateful to know I'm not the only one!</div><div>
    </div><div>Linda</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards