Ohio-Cincinnati

Addressing Question-**HR**

Okay, I am a little confused on how to word this on the invitation. I do not have an inner and outer envelope, just an outer so I am not sure how to word it on the envelope for Someone and a guest or plus one. I am not sure if I should put a slip in those envelope that say something about bringing a plus one or which? HELP!!

Re: Addressing Question-**HR**

• edited December 2011
    If you know your invitee's SO's name, write that on the envelope.  If you know they have a SO, but don't know their name, call or email and get the name, then put it on the envelope.  If you know they don't currently have a SO, but still want to let them bring a guest, put only your invitee's name on the envelope, and include" one of those cards" ;) about them being allowed to bring a guest and to please respond with that guest's name.

I think our note said something similar to the following:

"Dear So and So,

You are more than welcome to bring a guest to our wedding.  Please respond with that guest's name so that we can add them to our list.

We can't wait to see you!

hrparker and hrparker's FI"
  • edited December 2011
    I love this question!!!!! I was just on the phone, not a half hour ago, with my mom asking the exact same question. Thanks girls!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks HR!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards