May 2012 Weddings

My Ceremony-- opinions! (Long)

FI and I sat down and worked on our ceremony last night.  We are going to talk to our preacher soon to see what he thinks and what he wants to add in, but here's what we came up with.... Please give me some feedback!  Also, let me know if the actual order seems okay.  TIA!!!

(David is our preacher)

Ceremony

Prelude

Processional

Welcome (David)

Giving in Marriage (David & Dad)

Opening Prayer / Definition of Marriage / Scripture (David)

Reading (friend)
Art of Marriage- Wilferd Arlan Peterson
Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens.  A good marriage must be created.  In the art of marriage the little things are the big things...  It is never being too old to hold hands.  It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.  It is never going to sleep angry.  It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end with the honeymoon, it should continue through all the years.  It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives.  It is standing together facing the world.  It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.  It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.  It is not looking for perfection in each other.  It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humor.  It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow.  It is finding room for the things of the spirit.  It is a common search for the good and the beautiful.  It is establishing a relationship, in which the independence is equal, dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal.  It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.  It is discovering what marriage can be, at its best.

Declaration of Intent (David, Brett, Amanda)

Vows (David, Brett, Amanda)
I BRETT, take you AMANDA to be my WIFE, my constant friend, my partner in life and my one true love. In the presence of God, our family, and friends; I promise that I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.

I AMANDA, take you BRETT to be my HUSBAND............

Exchange of Rings (David, Brett, Amanda)

Rose Ceremony (David, Brett, Amanda, FMIL, Mom)

Marriage is a coming together of two lives and a celebration of the love of two people.  But it’s more.  The love that Amanda and Brett have for one another is the flowering of a seed their parents planted in their hearts long ago.  As they embrace one another in their love, so do they embrace the families which have been brought together on this happy occasion.  As a sign of their love for their families, Amanda and Brett would like to offer these symbols of eternal love, these roses, to their mothers, Mom and FMIL.
[Amanda and Brett turn and give the roses to each Mom.]
Amanda and Brett want you to know that your efforts were not in vain and that your love is very much appreciated.  They thank you for everything you have instilled in them.  Mom and FMIL, these roses are a promise that no matter how far apart you are that you are not forgotten, and a reminder that you are always in their hearts.”

Sand Ceremony (David, Brett, Amanda) + “God Gave Me You”

The most beautiful example of this partnership is the marriage relationship. You have committed here today to share the rest of your lives with each other. Today, this relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand one representing you, AMANDA, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, BRETT, and all that you were and all that you are, and all that you will ever be.As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be, united as one for all of your days. 

Prayer / Final Thoughts (David)

Declaration of Marriage (David)

Kiss (Brett, Amanda)

Introduction of Newlyweds “Mr. & Mrs. Brett & Amanda ****” (David)

Recessional  “Faster” 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: My Ceremony-- opinions! (Long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards