Maryland-Baltimore

Wedding Day make Up and Hair

so getting a makeup artist and hair stylist are kindof expensive, my friend for her wedding is going to hire a student thats in school for hair and make up. has anyone done this before? is it affordable? and how was the outcome? thanks!!

Re: Wedding Day make Up and Hair

• edited December 2011
    I am actually having someone in the Fila academy do my hair, and it is very inexpensive. What I suggest is have a trail first far enough in advance to determine whether you like it or not. The cost for me was $25, and then when I have my hair for the wedding in september it was cost me another $25, so $50 total for a trail and the day of. The girl did an excellent job on my hair and I was very happy. For my make up, I am having a friend of mine that is good with make do it for me. I am not a HUGE make up person to begin with so I am ok with this. But ask around you'd be surprised who knows who that does what, LOL. Also Facebook, post on facebook what your looking for and alot of times you can find things out that way. Good Luck!
  • keesh13keesh13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

hmm... i know a girl who does hair and makeup and i didnt even think about it until you mentioned facebook lol thanks!

• edited December 2011
    Good! Word of mouth has saved me tons of money in my wedding. I am very thankful for having a big mouth at this time :)
  • centralbridecentralbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.elegantxpressions.net they are a team of hair and makeup.  Highly recommend them.  I am really raving about them to anyone I can. 
  • keesh13keesh13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards