African American Weddings
Options

wedding makeup advice/recs

I am still reseraching diffrent makeups for the wedding. I have combination skin but mostly oily especially in the summer. I laso have sensitive skin. I never wear makeup but would like to to evn out my skin for pics. I have heard of Lorac, Makeup forever & Bobbi Brown. I also heard that a cream foundation would be best. I think I have decided against MAC because I heard awful things about what it does to your face after its worn. W/ my sensitive skin i do not want to chance it. So advice please.

TIA

Re: wedding makeup advice/recs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried MAC for yourself? skin react differently to different products for different reasons. So I won't rule them out just yet!

I think you should go to a MAC or Bobbi Brown or whatever other brand counter at the mall and get one of those free make up application (as a test trial maybe?) and judge it for yourself before making a decision.

As to what's best, I don't know. Maybe the person doing your make up during that (hopefully free trial) can help you decide. You can go and say I want to buy make up but not sure whether powder or liquid or cream would do; is there a way to try it?

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    selecting m/u is just as personal as selecting your underwear - what works for some, may not work for you and vice versa...try not to rule out products unless you've tried them personally...for example, MARY KAY looks wonderful on some ladies but for me, it doesn't work (didn't like the look of the foundation on my skin and couldn't stand their eye-shadow)...I'm more of a dramatic type of person, so I knew I was gonna go with M.A.C. as I love their products and they also have a foundation that is formulated for taking professional photos so that WE don't look "ashy" against the flash....when it's first put on, it looks very heavy (if you don't wear m/u on the regular) but when you take your pics TRUST ME you will look flawless!

I agree with Pasma, please do a free test at the various m/u counters you like to see which one works for you but don't close off others unless you've previously tried them.  Also, STALK those m/u counters too to see which m/u artist knows how to work with various eye colors and skin tones.

HTH!  Smile
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies. went to sephora today w/ my sis and got some ideas. I will probably go abck & buy some of the things we looked at fri (pay day).
  • Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the other posts.  Don't just go by what others say cause everything will be different based on your skin!  Try it all out and see what works best for you!  Things to think about - your wedding day is a long day.  So things you may have on for normal wear may not hold up!  I'm getting airbrushing done for my wedding and I had my trial about 2 weeks ago.  She put it on at 10 am, and I looked the same at 10 pm when I took it off!  If you're not airbrushing, they have various sprays that can go over your makeup to help it last longer as well!  Go to Sephora & MAC -try it all!  It's fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards