Massachusetts-Boston

Need a fall wedding venue on a small budget

Hello,

I want to take advantage of the beautiful folliage we have here and am looking for a venue that would provide a beautiful background for an outdoor ceremony and then have our reception indoors. We're probably going to have about 150 people. Our budget is really tight and we only have about $5K-7K to spend on the venue and catering. I'd like to be within an hour from Boston and would consider other New England states as well.  I'm not really into the rustic feeling of a farm but all other suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. 

Re: Need a fall wedding venue on a small budget

• Saphire Estate in Sharon is gorgeous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_need-a-fall-wedding-venue-on-a-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:852ffd5c-20ca-49b0-a557-d0a52323b23ePost:8f1c8876-bc6f-4607-a1d3-320ef4451197">Re: Need a fall wedding venue on a small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saphire Estate in Sharon is gorgeous.
    Posted by CapeMJA84[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm so in love with Saphire Estate. Its probably my favorite of all the venues I've researched. Unfortunately it's over our budget though :(  Thanks for your response! </div>
  • Chocksett Inn is beautiful, but I'm not sure of their prices fitting in your budget. About 20 minutes further west right on rt.2 is The Old Mill in Westminster, right on the water with ducks swimming right outside, your guest count would be about the limit for their upstairs space. Another beautiful fall spot would be The Shattuck in Jaffrey NH, right at the foot of Mt. Monadnock, they have an outside area to get married with the mountain as your backdrop
  • edited September 2012

Independence Harbor is Assonet, Ma is south shore and they have beautiful gardens that would lend to some great fall pics

That may be a tight budget in Boston for a Saturday but a lot of places are willing to give breaks if you are open to a friday etc.

• Check out Charles River Museum in Waltham. Or Camp Kiwanee in Hanson. Outside the museum is a small park overlooking a waterfall on the Chalres River. At the Camp there is a beautiful outside deck overlooking a spectacular lake with the far shore all foliage which is fabulous in the fall. The museum is an old brick mill building. With a dedicated function room. The csmp is an old estate with a knotty pine paneled room with great views over the lake. Both places allow you to bring in your own caterers and booze which would keep your costs down. Both also have tables and chairs I believe.
  • <div>Camp Kiwanee seems perfect! I love the natural surroundings and can't beat the price.  I'm definitely going to look into that site some more.  Thanks so much! </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_need-a-fall-wedding-venue-on-a-small-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:852ffd5c-20ca-49b0-a557-d0a52323b23ePost:0393dca1-a07d-49d7-a608-9b74712d7a3e">Re: Need a fall wedding venue on a small budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Charles River Museum in Waltham. Or Camp Kiwanee in Hanson. Outside the museum is a small park overlooking a waterfall on the Chalres River. At the Camp there is a beautiful outside deck overlooking a spectacular lake with the far shore all foliage which is fabulous in the fall. The museum is an old brick mill building. With a dedicated function room. The csmp is an old estate with a knotty pine paneled room with great views over the lake. Both places allow you to bring in your own caterers and booze which would keep your costs down. Both also have tables and chairs I believe.
    Posted by marshallra[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards