Pennsylvania-Central

We're Married!!!

Our wedding was December 2nd, so I wanted to take some time and write a quick review on our vendors.

Marriott at Penn Square- Perfect, wonderful, so helpful!  Grace and the manager on duty on our wedding day were so helpful, and everything ran smoothly!

Miville Photography- Great!!  He is so professional, but fun and took amazing pictures (of the 9 I've seen from our sneak peek) he also had a slideshow of pictures during the reception which was fun.

Mixed-Up Productions- Awesome DJ!  Mike did such a great job, my fiance is Puerto Rican so we had some spanish music (merengue, bachata etc) and he had no problem finding the songs for us.  I danced from the first dance to the very last one and everyone had such a great time.

Deswert Productions- Captured every moment.  I have yet to see the actual video, but I never saw Wayne without his video camera (except while eating of course).  He was constantly going around the dance floor and capturing everything.

Cake Creators- Delicious Cake!!!  Patty did such a great job on the cake, my only regret is not getting to enjoy more of it at the wedding!

Wendy from Flowers by Paulette-  Wendy did such a great job on the flowers, she saw my vision and definitely delivered exactly what I wanted!

The Bridal Emporium- Everyone at the Bridal E was so helpful and very nice.  And they have a ton of gorgeous dresses!

Melissa McHugh- She did awesome on hair and makeup!  She really was so professional and nice and was on time!

I think that is everyone, if I think of anyone then I will post again :)  I also put a few pictures from our sneak peek below :)

Anniversary

Re: We're Married!!!

• slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!

Yay melissa is my make-up/hair person! Good to hear the review!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• dnichol3dnichol3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  You look so happy & your dress is beautiful!

Melissa is my hair & makeup person too!
  • hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and THANK YOU for your reviews!
    I am SO happy you posted your reviews. I am getting married June 9 and am having my reception at the Marriott at Penn Square and am also using the Cake Creators. Good to hear you had good things to say (not only about them, but about all of your vendors!) Love the picture of you and your husband outside in front of the lights!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Congrats!

The Cake Creators are new to me...does anyone have contact details (name, number, etc). I didn't see a website for them. Our first cake quote was for almost $1k for 120 people (with no designs, flowers, fondant, etc.). So I'm in the market for more bakeries to talk to.

Thanks!

photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • Congratulations!  You look SO happy!  :)  thanks for the vendor reviews- always helpful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_were-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:15290366-68e2-4e30-aceb-80596e9bdb14Post:a8a7fc8e-584d-48ea-835d-f50f16784c12">Re: We're Married!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! The Cake Creators are new to me...does anyone have contact details (name, number, etc). I didn't see a website for them. Our first cake quote was for almost $1k for 120 people (with no designs, flowers, fondant, etc.). So I'm in the market for more bakeries to talk to. Thanks!
    Posted by kimberlyr22[/QUOTE]

As you can see in my previous post, I am using the Cake Creators for my June wedding. The contact person is Patty and the phone number is 285-7366. Patty is wonderful to work with and her prices are very reasonable for the great quality! She even gives you a sample cake to take home and try after the consultation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Patty is awesome from Cake Creators!  She did my SIL's wedding cake 5 years ago (the huge cake on the 1st page in her album) and has been doing birthday cakes etc ever since.  We were invited about 130 and were originally quoted about $475 with design.  She does not do fondant, but I liked it that way and it was super delicious!

@hlzander- the Marriott was beautiful and everyone was extremely helpful!! 

The day went by so quickly and was such a blast, I told my husband I wish we could get married every year haha! :)  Good luck to everyone, and thank you for the compliments on the pictures!!
    Anniversary
  • I love the picture of your rings in the tree! Your pictures look great! Congratulations

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards