Not Engaged Yet

I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long)

Hello ladies! So first of all, I feel bad for coming back for like a week then leaving again for so long. I was hoping to at least check in a few times on my trip then over the holidays, but things just got too crazy. My apologies.

My trip though was pretty cool. BF was happy because his Cowboys won the game we went to. Oh and tailgating? Best thing EVER! We can't tailgate here technically because it's illegal to have open liquor in public and the cops really crack down on it. We unfortunately couldn't do real tailgating because we didn't have like a BBQ or anything, but we had our cooler with drinks and stopped at Taco Bell and got a couple boxes of tacos. The stadium was HUGE, way bigger than my home team's. And the pirate ship was pretty neat.

Disney was pretty cool too. We went to Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. If I never see another stroller again in my life though, I will die a happy woman. I ended up with a pretty nasty bruise on my leg from when some moron with a stroller literally ran into me.

Oooh and we went to the outlet mall in Orlando, and I LOVED it! Better than Disney! Scored some awesome deals (a pair of ankle boots and pair of shoes from Steve Madden for like $30). The best though was the $160 cashmere sweater from Barney's that I only paid $30 for. It's like a pale lilac colour and soooo soft. I just want to wear it every day! I also bought a black blouse from Barney's too for the same deal. Almost bought a Coach purse, found one that fit in my budget, but as I was standing in line to pay I realised I was only buying it to say I own a Coach purse and I didn't actually like it.

Sea World was by far the best part of the trip. I loved the rides and the shows.

Worst part? The other couple we went with. The house we rented with them had a pool and hot tub that were connected and when you turn off the hot tub heater, the water from the pool and hot tub switch so the hot tub cools off right away, and then it takes like 2-3 hours for the hot tub to heat back up again. They refused to leave the hot tub on while we were gone so when we got back from the one day at Disney where we went to Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and were literally there from park open until 1 am, and I was sore and tired and just wanted a nice soak in a hot tub I couldn't unless I wanted to stay up super late. BF says if we ever go on a trip again, we'll rent the house and leave the hot tub on whenever we want. I say we just never go on vacay again.

The wife in the couple was just generally annoying. She complained that I slept in too late when she went to Disney and was all "You're not going to be ready on time, you should have woken up earlier! I've been up since 6 am!" Any guesses on who was ready, waiting at the door 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave and who wasn't ready until like 20 minutes after we were supposed to leave? Hint: I was the one ready early. And then she complained the whole way there about how we left so late, then had the nerve to complain the next morning when I "slept in" again. I will admit though that I did delay us by like 5 minutes that day, but that was because my stomach was having some issues.

Oh and she wouldn't leave the house if the dishwasher/washer/dryer were going either, so the one night we were all supposed to go out for dinner together, we had to sit around and wait for her laundry to finish, which meant we were eating super late. 

She was also complaining about how much shopping I did and that she didn't understand why I had to go to all the "fancy" stores, and that I spent too much money. Um I dunno about you ladies, but $30 for a sweater, especially a cashmere one sounds like a decent price to me. Then when I was buying souveniers and Disney she told me I should wait and go to the flea market with them and get them there for cheaper. It was just annoying.

Christmas was good but busy. Christmas Eve we spent with my BF's mom's side of the family, then Christmas Day BF and I opened presents at our place, went to my parents for more presents and brunch, then to his parents for more presents and more bruch. Christmas night we spent with BF's dad's side of the family and then went over to my cousin's place for a bit after dinner.

BF bought me jewelery for Chrismas. Not the good stuff, but it's still nice (he bought me this: http://www.swarovski.com/Web_CA/en/1106375/product/Angelic_Sapphire_Set.html?CatalogCategoryName=0113)
Actually, our fur babies bought them for me because "Momma needs a collar too". Sapphires are my birthstone btw and blue is my fave colour, so it was still good (and yes I know they're not real Sapphires).

Since Christmas I've been sick :( And then had to go back to work. And I've also discovered a new addiction: BF got Skyrim for Christmas, and I think I've played it almost as much as he has, even though he was at home for 2 days while I was working!

All in all it was good. Hope you ladies all had Happy Holidays and have an awesome New Year!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long)

• Sounds like a fun trip except for the other couple!  I love your necklace!  Glad you had fun!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Pretty necklace!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_havent-dropped-off-face-of-planet-disney-tripchristmas-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:13540873-463a-41a1-8710-d5a82306223dPost:dbe85fbd-8433-4c85-86d2-48e62883ea9e">I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]BF bought me jewelery for Chrismas. Not the good stuff, but it's still nice (he bought me this:  <a href="http://www.swarovski.com/Web_CA/en/1106375/product/Angelic_Sapphire_Set.html?CatalogCategoryName=0113" rel="nofollow">http://www.swarovski.com/Web_CA/en/1106375/product/Angelic_Sapphire_Set.html?CatalogCategoryName=0113</a> )
    Posted by tdwpg1984[/QUOTE]

What's the good stuff?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Beautiful necklace! I'm sorry the other couple was annoying, but it sounds like overall you had a good trip. :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • It sounds like you had a lot of fun for the most part. :)  Also, Skyrim is good, though I have to admit my BF is who plays it most (but it was a household game, so it's up for grabs). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_havent-dropped-off-face-of-planet-disney-tripchristmas-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:13540873-463a-41a1-8710-d5a82306223dPost:7c353e13-bddd-4983-b7c7-9805eac3507f">Re: I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long) : What's the good stuff?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]
    The good stuff as in real stones, not crystals. That would have been nicer :) BUT I still love the necklace and earrings! I'm not complaining, just wishing I was uber rich :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_havent-dropped-off-face-of-planet-disney-tripchristmas-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:13540873-463a-41a1-8710-d5a82306223dPost:3c798ca8-66bf-45ec-af55-a1fa6536f26e">Re: I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I haven't dropped off the face of the planet - My Disney trip/Christmas (Long) : The good stuff as in real stones, not crystals. That would have been nicer :) BUT I still love the necklace and earrings! I'm not complaining, just wishing I was uber rich :)
    Posted by tdwpg1984[/QUOTE]

Does your BF know your desire for the "good stuff?"  How do you feel about lab created stones?

Also- what did you get your BF for Christmas?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards