Rhode Island

Vendor Reviews - 11/21 Wedding

Quonset O Club:  A+ 
I could not have been happier with the great job that Paul and Charlene did.  They accomodated us in every way including my request to rearrange the tables.  There was a waitress there to hand off my boquet when needed.  I had my wedding and reception on the main floor and 150 guests.  I loved that there was adequate room to move and spread out in 3 different rooms and a foyer.  The fireplace was lit during our ceremony.  The food was very good and there was plenty of it.  We had the dessert buffet which was staffed by two pastry chefs serving and it was elegantly set up. More than enough parking.  To top it all, the price couldn't be beat.  I highly recommend it. 

Woodlawn Gardens Florist:  A+ 
I was not one of those crazy uptight brides, so I gave Dave some pictures with ideas and told him to run with it... I was ready for whatever I ended up with.  I'm here to say that even with all the money in the world, I would have still hired David to do exactly what he did for my wedding.  He did short/tall arrangements and all of the wedding party flowers were beyond my expectations.  Unexpected bonus, it's been a week, and all of the flowers are still going strong, including my boquet which is in a vase  :)

Brother to Brother Live Entertainment:  A+
I saw this band live and had a great time.  At my wedding, my guests danced right away and all night and even inquired to the band as to where they perform so they can see them again.  My only complaint is that they need guidance as to when to do traditional dances, etc.

Linda Monello Cake: A
Yes, I hired a cake lady.  She previously worked at Scrumptions bakery in EG and she is indeed very talented.  Her specialty seems to be simple, elegant multi tier cakes and that is exactly what I wanted.  She made a seperate sheet cake to serve my guests and even that was beautiful.  The best part?  I paid less for the cake then my gown alterations!  I would, however, advise an email immediately following your meeting with her confirming your arrangements.

Chandra Sek Cosmetics: A
Chandra was extremely talented and very reasonably priced.  For a total of $50, I had my test makeup session and my bridal session.  She asked if I wanted a more natural look like Jennifer Lopez or a more done up Kim Kardashian look?  We had so much fun- false eyelashes, and anything I wanted to try!  Check out her myspace page.

Davids Bridal, Warwick: B
Shame on me.  I had my alterations done by Davids and I should have known better.  All I needed was a hem and a bustle.  Otherwise, my experience was excellent.  I was between two gowns for two weeks.  I went in every single day and they were happy to see me every day.  G*d bless their patience.

Men's Warehouse, East Avenue, Warwick:  D
The only reason I don't completly fail this place is because they had some decent employees at the East Avenue location.  Otherwise, the tuxedos themselves were a NIGHTMARE with high water pants, a soiled vest, different size shoes, and a mismeasured jacket.  I don't even want to start on the 3 hours they kept us the day we registered then they still got the colors wrong when they mixed up our wedding with his cousin's.

Lastly, I will note that this was a budget wedding.  Looking back, I can't believe how great it was and wonder if I even would have changed anything at all if I had more money to work with... problably not.  It truly was perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews - 11/21 Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for your honest reviews! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I am looking into Tux places right now so I appreciate your honesty about Men's Warehouse! :)
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thanks for the reviews! I am using Miss Sek too! She is pretty amazing when it comes to hair and makeup, plus her rates can't be beat. I also have to make note and avoid Men's warehouse.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had a great day, congrats!  I like seeing new vendors on here too!
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like a great wedding!

I read people's rvws about MW tux..but we went with it because we had 2 dads in 2 different states

totally agree...they were a nightmare! I think the only 2 tuxes that worked out were the groom and bestman...the two dads were all messed up. My dad's jacket was wrinkled with pet hair on it...my one regret...I should've gone with the guys to pick them up but I just had too much to do the day before the wedding!
  • KrisColbertKrisColbert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have the contact information for Cake Designer Linda Monello? Does she have a website with a portfolio of her cakes? Thanks so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards