Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday night!!

Re: Friday night!!

• Okay, the Netflix instant thing just sold me.  It's official, as soon as we're caught up on Community, I'm moving us on to Dr. Who.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Evening all!  I just got home from picking up H.  I had a great afternoon with a friend of mine, we went yarn shopping and then knit and ordered Chinese.  Good start to the weekend.

I also just realized that the text-to-speak function on my Kindle works for my school books, so I can just listen to those on my drive to and from MA tomorrow.  Yay for knocking out work fast.

Loopy and JK, your new sig pics are gorgeous!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I will insist that when everyone invades, they must be dressed up as pirates and say "ARrrrr" at the door.
  • I like the new sigs too!

I've been having baby urges lately. This is weird. I don't know if I like it or not.
  • I have baby urges too, MK.  But I'm KUI right now, so I'm not thinking clearly.
  • I'm working on my guest room, Eagles.  Or I will once I move in.  :)  But soon, we'll have a lot of spare rooms ready for visitors.
  • I'm most decidedly not KUI.

I do however insist I get a drink in return for my Arrgghh! at the door.
  • Hi MK!  How's it going tonight?

Hey Bay.  I wonder if mine has that.  It'd be useful on my commute maybe.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:20407288-5433-4228-bbec-2274a6e9618f">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mica, I will be at your house for Gasparilla next year.  Please to be having my room ready.  Kthanks. Mel, maybe if you had started with season 2 you would have more appreciation for Tennant.  I'M JUST SAYING.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Didn't we agree that it's for the best that we love different doctors? NOW WE DON'T HAVE TO FIGHT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:d4efa052-6406-41ea-aa1c-8b88a79276da">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the new sigs too! I've been having baby urges lately. This is weird. I don't know if I like it or not.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>I went to a first birthday party last weekend, and it was a bit scary how adorable I found the children.  I was definitely starting to get baby pangs.  FI was all "I don't get it," until the little birthday boy decided he wanted my FI to help him walk around and did that cute baby thing where he clings onto one finger and then drags the owner of the finger everywhere, and then he was like "Ohhhhhhhh.... NOW I get it!"  </div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Yes, I always keep lots of booze at hand.  C'mon guys.  I can host a party.
  • I am not KUI as I'm on antibiotics for cellulitis in my face.. Every time the doctor said that I thought of cellulite thought of dimply thighs.

MK - are you going to do anything about the baby thoughts?
  • Egon was my favorite ghostbuster. Want to fight about that, too?
  • Party at Mica's... I'm in.
  • My sister had her second girl today. My dad wants me to look into a Family Limited Partnership. If anyone has information for me, I would love it. My dad doesn't get that we won't be having kids for awhile (if at all).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:6646fe54-0926-4d4f-b510-7f6f30771db0">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not KUI as I'm on antibiotics for cellulitis in my face.. Every time the doctor said that I thought of cellulite thought of dimply thighs. MK - are you going to do anything about the baby thoughts?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

o_0 are you asking me about my bedroom escapades Loopy?

There will be no babies for a while. I think. I mean it would be nice for us to live together for a while first.
  • Yay for Aunt Megs!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:33b3c4c1-50a9-40be-961d-89eb5f29b157">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Egon was my favorite ghostbuster. Want to fight about that, too?
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

One of my good friends from HS looked like Egon. In fact that's what we nicknamed him. He was all sorts of awesome.
  • I wasn't asking specifically about bedroom escapades.. :-P  Silly...

True... living together does make it easier to conceive.
  • My darn heater friend thought he'd be here between 8:30 and 9... texted me at 8:50 that he hadn't left yet.. it's now 10:10 and he's still not here.  I'm not really cold, but I AM tired, and I kind of want to go to sleep. But it's supposed to be cold tonight and I don't want to wake up to a house that's only 50 degrees tomorrow.
  • I really want this dress right now: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/water-garden-dress but I have absolutely nowhere to wear it to and shouldn't be spending $127 on anything right now.  Someone please talk me off the ledge.

imagemy to-read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:1b0bc870-c1e7-4c5c-99c1-17890be1025a">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't asking specifically about bedroom escapades.. :-P  Silly... True... living together does make it easier to conceive.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

haha, we'll be staying on BC for now.
  • Very cute, Steph, but don't do it.  :P
  • Eh.. Steph.. it's an okay dress...  Not $127 special though, IMO.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:80bd2b23-0863-4f2d-8a2b-81332bb4f79bPost:24db0b23-4b59-46d5-8b77-2346c002c8c7">Re: Friday night!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  You're right.  I just get so passionate about Ten.  It's like a sickness.  He's so dreamy!  The suits and the coat and the Converse. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>and the hair.</div><div>
    </div><div>...and the ability to make me cry on command.</div>
  • um.  its hideous, Steph 

Did it work?  

(p.s. I'm lying through my teeth.  it's super cute)
  • edited January 2012
    Thank you Loopy and Mica and MUN1 - I know I don't need it for any reason, and it's probably more like a $75 dress at best, but it was still singing its siren song at me.  I appreciate the help.  :-)

And Loopy, you will be glad your heat is fixed in the morning, even though your friend is late right now - there is nothing worse than waking up in a cold house.  
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Steph step away from the modcloth.
  • edited January 2012
    MK, it's funny - I rarely actually buy anything off of Modcloth, yet I look at it nearly every day and obsess over the pretty dresses.

I've decided I need a cooler job so I can wear Modcloth things to work instead of my usual boring stuff.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Is beckyboo questioning my authoritay (think South Park's Cartman)?  I think she is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards