Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Time to Dress Shop

Are there any good recommendations on places in the Twin Cities to purchase a wedding dress other than David's Bridal?  Someone told me Von Maur or even JC Penneys would be a good place for fancy dresses for bridesmaids on the cheap.  I could alwyas get a white Prom type dress for mine.  I don't really care if it's "wedding"  or not.  Just need a cheap white dress.  Any ideas on little shops?  I'd much rather purchase from local shops than big business.  Thanks!

Re: Time to Dress Shop

• Von Maur had a handful of wedding type dresses on their sale racks when I was there on Tuesday. I believe Macy's also has a wedding department, so I'd be willing to be they would also have dresses on sale around now as well.
  • When I first went dress shopping for myself, I spent a day looking at the outlet mall in Albertville and in Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove trying on about every white dress I could find. I found tons of cute, inexpensive shorter options (especially at the BCBG outlet) but was looking for a long dress. I would try some of the stores in those locations if you're thinking non-bridal stores.

I ended up getting my own dress at David's, and my MOH (and only attendant) wore a dress she already owned.
  • I've heard really good things about The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul. I'm going there next week to look so I don't have personal experience yet, but my cousin got her dress there (though that was 10+ years ago). I've looked on their website and it looks like they have a pretty wide range of prices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Try out Unique Bridal in Blaine. It is a different type of dress shop, but you can get good deals there and really nice dresses. I got my Soterro and Midgley there for half off! The owner used to be the head designer at Rush's, so she really knows her stuff.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Flutter Boutique in Uptown has some really cute alternatives to a traditional wedding dress - plus it's a local business!
    Anniversary
  • try Mestads in St. Cloud. They were fantastic! I went to several stores around the twin cities and none of them compared to Mestads :) Good luck!
  • If you don't mine Consignment (used) dresses-I got my dress in Richfield at Brides on France.  This was the only store I visited and loved every minute of it.  They do have their own alterations lady who is fantastic.

GL!
  • Didn't have the best customer service...but I was recently at Rush's in Minneapolis and they have a purely off the rack section (can no longer be ordered, comes as is, etc) at 50% off the lowest price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards