Not Engaged Yet

It's Friday!

Good morning lovely ladies! I said this yesterday on the accountability thread but OMG this week really flew by! I can't believe it's already Friday (but I'm not complaining!). 

Last night FI and I went to a movie screening of 'Silver Linings Playbook' starring Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Robert De Niro (also Chris Tucker and Julia Stiles). It was FANTASTIC! I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a really long time and it didn't hurt that the movie takes place in Philly and the family is die-hard Eagles fans. It's not about football, though. Bradley Cooper plays a guy who just got out of a mental institution and is trying to get his life back on track. I thought he was so, so, so amazing in this movie. Jennifer Lawrence seriously impressed me as well. I highly recommend it to everyone when it comes out next month!

What's up for the weekend? Tonight I'm going to prepare my basement for Hurricane Sandy. We didn't prepare as much as we should have for Irene and so much stuff was ruined because our basement flooded really badly. Tomorrow I'm driving Lucy down to my mom's and Sunday I'm supposed to go to an event at my wedding venue but we'll see how the weather is. I might end up just driving straight home. 

I'm apparently very chatty this morning. I leave you with this: 

Re: It's Friday!

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Seems like there is always a storm to prep for these days, no? H and I are discussing what to grab from the grocery store to have in case we don't feel like facing the storm or can't on Sunday for our weekly grocery trip.

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow! For one of my BMs. I'm so excited. Not so excited for my dress, though it was $8.63 (I love you Target Clearance). I feel it is too conservative or frumpy, but it is purple! (http://www.target.com/p/merona-petites-georgette-flutter-sleeve-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-13977761#prodSlot=medium_1_13&term=merona%20flutter)
  • Good morning!  That polar bear is too cute! 

Good luck storm proofing your basement.  I hope nothing gets ruined this time around.

I don't have much going on tonight, just a run planned after work.  Saturday FI and I are going to a wedding.  I am sort of not looking forward to it.  Our invite came addressed only to FI and on the inner envelope it said FI's name and guest.  FI and I have been together for 7 years and both of us are facebook friends with the bride.  I understand if she didn't know my name off the top of her head, but it would have taken her 10 seconds to look it up on facebook.  I guess she just couldn't be bothered.  The ceremony is at 3 and the reception at 6, so we will have at least a 2 hour a gap in a town that is over an hour away. I have no idea what we are going to do to kill time.  I hope it involves alcohol.  I am also worried because there was not a food choice on the RSVP and as a vegetarian I am betting I will get a lovely dinner of salad and rolls.  If they can't bother to look up the names of their guests, I am guessing that they didn't bother to consider some of their guests might be vegetarians.  I will be packing a protein bar just in case there is nothing I can eat. 

On the other hand, a ton of FI's family members will also be at the wedding and it will be fun to see everyone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:728893de-dd55-4927-9e7c-7c0e49dfd1a4">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seems like there is always a storm to prep for these days, no? H and I are discussing what to grab from the grocery store to have in case we don't feel like facing the storm or can't on Sunday for our weekly grocery trip. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow! For one of my BMs. I'm so excited. Not so excited for my dress, though it was $8.63 (I love you Target Clearance). I feel it is too conservative or frumpy, but it is purple! ( <a href="http://www.target.com/p/merona-petites-georgette-flutter-sleeve-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-13977761#prodSlot=medium_1_13&term=merona%20flutter)" rel="nofollow">http://www.target.com/p/merona-petites-georgette-flutter-sleeve-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-13977761#prodSlot=medium_1_13&term=merona%20flutter)</a>
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Must be a popular weekend for weddings!  That is one heck of a nice deal on your dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:5df46f63-5bb9-48e4-83c4-709412f10104">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday! : Must be a popular weekend for weddings!  That is one heck of a nice deal on your dress!
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

I did have to sew part of it where someone had obviously bust out of it a bit, but it was like a 1 inche section underneath the belt. What I don't like about it is that I think it is longer on me than it is in the picture online. (I'm 5'5".)
  • Good luck Rach with your basement!  I hope the storm isn't too bad.  I'm really not looking forward to it.

Jen - your dress is super cute.  You're always super cute.

Heather - I hate that feeling.  I usually try to take something or eat beforehand, since most people don't consider gluten free.  There's nothing worse than sitting around watching everyone else eat while you're starving.

I am grabbing a few drinks with a friend tonight, and then heading back to my parents' house.  Longest drive ever.  Tomorrow night BF and I are going for a run, and then heading over to a friends' house for a halloween party.  Sunday, I think we're going to see how the storm plays out, and maybe get drunk.  Because we can.  :)  I figure if we're going to be snowed/flooded in, I might as well be somewhere where it'll be enjoyable, and I can actually get to work.  They'll plow close to BF's since it's so close to public transportation, whereas my parents' will be last on the list.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Aww what a cute polar bear!!!
    Jen- Awesome dress, nothing like a good deal. I got a dress for the wedding in DC I'm going to next weekend from Express with shipping it was $20.40.

Tonight we're going to be relaxing and hanging out, probably play some video games. Tomorrow afternoon we're getting our new washer dryer, yay!  Then to a Halloween party that night.

Sunday some relaxing and football watching, Walking Dead at night.  Hopefully on Sunday we will get to see this other home for sale we just found on the market.  It's really nice and near both of us work for and unlike the other one we like, this one requires no work and is in a much better school district too.  Taxes are a big ridiculous, but that's kind of expected around here.

Anniversary

• Good morning everyone happy Friday!

rdr-I'm with you on the preparing for the storm.  They are making it seem like it's going to be the worse thing ever, the grocery stores and gas stations are CRAZY up here!  This will be my first "storm" in my new house, so I can't wait to see how bad the flooding is going to be in my basement, but it looks like there was never flood damage before so fingers are crossed.  Also I love the polar bear!!!

Jen-I love that dress!  Target has the best clothes sometimes!

Heather-That sucks about the whole invite/dinner choice.  When I go to weddings that have a vegetarian choice, I always pick it, since IMHO it tastes way better than some of the meat main courses they serve at banquet halls around here (how many times can one eat chicken cordon bleu?).

peekaboo-Are they predicting snow in your area?????  I live up in CT and they haven't mentioned snow, now I'm a little worried.  I can deal with a lot of rain, wind etc but I HATE snow!  I will be drinking my way through this storm as well!  I have stocked up on the vodka!

This weekend, nothing exciting for me.  Just going to do some housework and finish up some craft projects I have been working on.  Kind of boring, but it's a nice relief from my last weekend which was busy!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Heather- as a vegetarian at weddings I've never gotten just a salad for dinner. Most places are usually able to put something together, you can tell when it planned in advance or when something is thrown together last minute- even if it's pasta. Most of the wedding I've been to had 2-3 hours gaps between the church and reception it seems to be the norm for my circle of friends anyway. One wedding we went to earlier this year, we went to church came home, undressed from our dressy clothes played board games for an hour or two, dressed up again went back out later to the reception.  Ah well.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:cda5673c-0db8-40e6-825b-a747384127e6">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heather- as a vegetarian at weddings I've never gotten just a salad for dinner. Most places are usually able to put something together, you can tell when it planned in advance or when something is thrown together last minute- even if it's pasta. Most of the wedding I've been to had 2-3 hours gaps between the church and reception it seems to be the norm for my circle of friends anyway. One wedding we went to earlier this year, we went to church came home, undressed from our dressy clothes played board games for an hour or two, dressed up again went back out later to the reception.  Ah well.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping the catering place will be able to throw something together, I don't like asking though.  It makes me feel like I'm being a spoiled brat.  At my cousin's wedding I had salad, a roll and a side of vegetables.  But that was at a tiny place in northern michigan...so yeah.

I'm not a fan of gaps.  At the wedding we went to this summer, I was able to come home and scarf down a bowl of cereal and wash a load of laundry, so that wasn't terrible.  This one is an hour and a half away so we really can't come home (and we aren't getting a hotel).  I'm sure it will be a lovely day; I am just being cranky because it is my TOTM. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Good morning!

rdr, good luck with getting your house storm ready and I hope you get a chance to make that event!

So many of you are having to deal with this storm, I guess I forget how big an East Coast contingent we have on this board.  Wishing a safe and enjoyable weekend for you all.

Jen and Heather, I hope you both have fun at the weddings.  And Heather, I hope they surprise you and have some good food, but if not, it is great to be prepared.

Kiddo's dad had a last minute schedule change, so he will not be taking A this Saturday, which meant us having to cancel our Halloween plans.  Today, I am taking A trick or treating at Midtown Global Market.  Tomorrow, we'll trick or treat Highland Park stores, then go to an event at Minnehaha Falls.  In the evening, my sister is coming over and we will feast on chicken chili, make treats, and watch Super 8.  A loves Halloween, but knows she can't eat much candy and is fine with it.  We are doing a crap ton of trick or treating, then she gets to keep 8 pieces of candy (because she is 8).  The rest we are taking to a local dentist who is collecting the candy to donate to Operation Gratitude (it is sent to soldiers over seas and their families).  A was really excited to donate to the cause!

ETA:  Danser, good luck with the house hunt. I hope this one is a winner.  Keep us posted!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:55d47e0e-ac91-4431-bee7-ea9840acec91">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Friday! : I'm hoping the catering place will be able to throw something together, I don't like asking though.  It makes me feel like I'm being a spoiled brat.  At my cousin's wedding I had salad, a roll and a side of vegetables.  But that was at a tiny place in northern michigan...so yeah. I'm not a fan of gaps.  At the wedding we went to this summer, I was able to come home and scarf down a bowl of cereal and wash a load of laundry, so that wasn't terrible.  This one is an hour and a half away so we really can't come home (and we aren't getting a hotel).  I'm sure it will be a lovely day; I am just being cranky because it is my TOTM. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]
    Ughh that is really sucky when it's so far away and you can't come home.  See if there is a local bar near by or even a book store to go and browse. I always ask if they can make something for me or have a vegetarian meal ( now with the lactose intolerant thing I just say vegan).  Hopefully they can put something together for you.

I'm so lazy today.... work wise. Is it 4 yet?

Anniversary

• This week has been so slow for me. I already have 50 hours in. Still have to work another 6.5 hours at the law firm and then back to BWW at 5 until it slows down and they send me home (its been around 9/9:30 for all my training shifts). I work again tomorrow at 10-volume. Sunday I finallyhave a day off!

Sun we are probably having a Sunday funday. Packers play at noon so it is a really good excuse to start drinking then. My house also needs attention. It has been neglected this week for sure.

• Thanks guys.

Danser- link to your dress from Express?

rdr- Thanks a lot. Now I want a polar bear.
    Bears actually freak me out. I've seen too many shows that point out how dangerous they are. Damn you Roosevelt making bears seem cute and cuddly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:6e7f5976-9d4e-46e4-bea1-51f91df3729c">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww what a cute polar bear!!! Jen- Awesome dress, nothing like a good deal. I got a dress for the wedding in DC I'm going to next weekend from Express with shipping it was $20.40. Tonight we're going to be relaxing and hanging out, probably play some video games. Tomorrow afternoon we're getting our new washer dryer, yay!  Then to a Halloween party that night. Sunday some relaxing and football watching, Walking Dead at night.  Hopefully on Sunday we will get to see this other home for sale we just found on the market.  It's really nice and near both of us work for and unlike the other one we like, this one requires no work and is in a much better school district too.  Taxes are a big ridiculous, but that's kind of expected around here.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

p.s. Danser, do you still wanna meet up once you are here? I'm free all next weekend.
  • Jen-I can't find the link on the website anymore, but it was red and cute.  Sorry.
    I think so we are getting in late Friday and leaving Sunday morning.  I have to check with BF to see if there are any family plans or events going on other than Saturday night.

Anniversary

• Sounds like everyone has great weekends planned!

Lovelyheather: The 2-3 hour gap between wedding and recpetion makes me a little nuts too. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but mostly it stinks. 

Danser: I am also completely unmotivated and want this work week to end, already.

This weekend we are doing some fall/Halloween stuff with the kiddos. Tomorrow, I get to spend some one-on-one time with my 6 year old Spencer, then the kids have a Halloween party at night at their dad's house. 

FI and I are going to drive out to Holland, MI to see his mom and make a quick visit to our wedding/reception site.  We picked a restaurant on the water and will be having both right there, so avoid the above mentioned break and travel between events.  It's great the second time around, we get to do what we want this time.  I've already had to tell my mother 'no' a few times, and she's handled it amazingly well, thank goodness.  Here's the link to the restaurant, if you'd like to see (sorry, AW):

www.boatwerksrestaurant.com
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:c6942a2a-2707-4f8d-b29b-1159b5e460ed">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tonight: Date Tomorrow: Packing, Halloween party Sunday: Potential morning date, packing, potential evening date Oh, did I mention I'm getting out there on the dating scene? A-yup.  TGIF!!!!!!!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I better see a recap of date tomorrow!  TGIF! 

Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend or something to do.  Danish Man and I have a friend's BBQ tonight and a wedding to go to tomorrow.  BUT the one thing I look forward to doing this weekend!  BAKING!  I finally have a kitchen with a stove and so I'm going to back a ton of cookies, muffins and treats to give to my neighbors, coworkers and well Danish Man.  First I need to go buy some new bakeware.  Is it weird I'm more excited shopping for kitchen and bakeware than shoes and dresses?
  • Tonight: Double date to see Paranormal Activity 4.
    Saturday: Work, then possibly going out with friends to make fun of girls in slutty costumes.
    Sunday: Work, and a football-watching date. Possibly trying to convince him to get hurricaned in with me when Sandy hits here on Tuesdayish. (I was alone during Irene, because ex-douchecanoe was far away for work. Asshat.)

Oh, also, I'm dating too :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Yay Bri for dating too!

Anniversary

• Yay for Liv and Bri dating! Be sure to share all of your adventures here. The ONLY thing I really miss about my old roommate was hearing the stories about every guy she went out with (there were many). Even if it didn't work out, she always got free meals, drinks, and great stories out of every experience - so I think it was more than worthwhile. I don't think I have any great bad- date stories, or I'd share. The worst thing I've done was get some guy I had gone out with twice to take me to go see a TWILIGHT movie - and I never even kissed him. I was a little sniffly at the time and told him I was sick and didn't want to get him sick too. Then, I decided I just wasn't that into him so I stopped returning his calls/texts until he eventually got the hint. I was a meanie :-(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Liv and Bri are making me long for my single days...  all 15 of them.

And omgsqueeeebabypolarbear!

I'm off today through next Monday.  Yay for a four day weekend!  I don't have any plans, though.  I've spent the morning cleaning and I have a tutoring student to meet with tomorrow, but that's it.
  • My plans for this 'Perfect Storm' = stock up on beer, maybe a new umbrella and then watch my basement flood. Our back yard is like a bowl. All the houses around us are at a much higher elevation and then slope down to our back door. I told my mom about the storms and she mentioned that our pumps were not working during the last storm. So she's planning on joining the masses tonight in buying a new one. We're out of milk and eggs so I would be going to get those anyhow.
    I'm gonna be the drunk asshole hanging out on my roof when the Coast Guard comes to rescue us.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-friday-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4c4c1df8-cfb7-495b-8253-9299d3570ee8Post:bb2a68b6-dfcf-4321-9236-8892de09c8f3">Re: It's Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My plans for this 'Perfect Storm' = stock up on beer, maybe a new umbrella and then watch my basement flood. Our back yard is like a bowl. All the houses around us are at a much higher elevation and then slope down to our back door. I told my mom about the storms and she mentioned that our pumps were not working during the last storm. So she's planning on joining the masses tonight in buying a new one. We're out of milk and eggs so I would be going to get those anyhow. <strong>I'm gonna be the drunk asshole hanging out on my roof when the Coast Guard comes to rescue us.
    </strong>Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Me too!  We stocked up on booze and mixers and that's about it! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards