Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR: Cape May

Has anyone ever been to Cape May? I'm looking for some where to go for a one or two night getaway with FI at the end of the summer. If you've been, where did you stay? What did you do?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Cape May

• edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a quaint B&B or a nice hotel?
  • edited December 2011
    No help with where to stay because FI parents have a house there but if you are looking to go to the beach you need a tag.
  • edited December 2011
    The tags are just $5 right? Is it a nice beach? I don't mind paying as long as it is nice and clean.

I really like B&Bs but if there's a nice hotel close to the beach that would be fine too. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    eh not sure we take the ride to north wildwood or wildwood crest. I just know you have to pay. sorry
  • edited December 2011
    The beaches are clean from what I've seen.  The only hotel I've stayed at is Star Inn, which is under the same ownership as Congress Hall.  They're both really nice and clean.  I stayed at Star Inn on a Friday night in June 2008, and it was about $250.

http://www.thestarinn.net/
    http://www.congresshall.com/

• mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The beach tags are $5 a day and $10 for 3 days (if you go fri thru sun). I just went down and stayed at an awful place - Buckingham Motel. It was right on Beach Ave so I thought I could stand a not as nice room but it was really bad. So stay away from that one!

There are a ton of hotels right on Beach Ave. The Montreal Inn looked really nice and the pool was big. Some of the hotels can be up to $250 a night so its pricey. Cape May has some restaurants/bars/shops in the town square, not far from Beach Ave. Also we ate at Harbour View and the view was really nice and the food was yummy. Its like in between Cape May and Wildwood Crest. GL
  • mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh just realized you said at the end of the summer. Hotel prices will be a lot less then.
  • edited December 2011
    dh and i just spent a few nights at the mooring in june. it's two blocks from the beach and the promenade and within walking distance to the mall and "downtown". the owners are a little nutty, but they're funny and make great breakfasts! we stayed in a room that had its own little kitchen/eating area and had a private entrance, so it was sort of like we were in our own little house. plus, it's not overly florally:

http://www.themooring.com/

if you want any more info, let me know!
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I stayed at a B&B called the Victorian Lace Inn, in the Cork Suite. OMG it was soooo nice! Definitely recommend it. We went for our 1 year dating anniversary. It was a bit pricey, we went in the middle of June and I think it was about $500 a night, but well worth it. They have other rooms that arent as much $$. The lady that owns it is very nice, they brought us up our own private breakfast in the morning so we didnt have to eat with random people like other B&Bs, it was a block or 2 from the beach. Loved it!!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards