Christian Weddings

What's on your plate this week? Prayers, Praises?

What kinds of things are on your proverbial "plate" this week?  Are there ways that fellow Christian Knotties can keep you in their prayers as Christmas comes closer?  Do you have any "praise God" moments to share?

I have a busy week ahead at work, and this coming weekend I won't get a day off with my professional gig this weekend.  I'm still searching for a part-time job in addition to my 60% teaching position, with not much success (yet).  Even through the business of this week, God is really finding ways to bless me in small ways.  Through my "lack" of things, I've been able to see those blessings more clearly.  So, I praise him for those blessings!!! 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: What's on your plate this week? Prayers, Praises?

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a nerve-wracking week coming up... I am getting some of my law school acceptances or rejections!  Boston College Law mailed out my decision last week, and it should be arriving shortly.  I'm really hoping to get in so I can be with my FI when we're married.  I also may get a call form Boston University Law this week.  So I'll be needing prayers or I'll be giving praises... we shall see!
  • edited December 2011
    Hopefully FI will get his test scores this week.  He had to pass this test in order to graduate in May. 

FI and I are both being treated for depression, and the past couple of months have been particularly hard on both of us.  My anxiety has been worse too, and I had another panic attack on Friday.  I need to go back to the doctor, but I'm waiting until January (insurance reasons).  I'm really just trying to get through this week.
  • edited December 2011
    I will pray for you all.

This week will be busy with work, meetings, running around doing Christmas things, gym, etc...

But I praise God for the devotional he placed in my hands that discussed the topic of simplicity last week. So I will be trying to focus on Him and simplify my life as much as I can. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to be needing strength over these holidays. My only living grandparent (my mom's mom) just told my little sister that she is mad that she (my little sister) doesn't want kids because "I (my grandma) don't care about your sibling's future kids, I only want great grandchildren with your genetics".

I don't know why you would ever say that. Ever. As a joke, as a statement, as anything. Then I don't get why my sister would poke fun with it and say "Emily you're just jealous that no one cares you're getting married". So inappropriate on so many levels.

Needless to say, I'm supposed to be spending half of my Christmas break with my FI in California choosing our venues and then the second half by myself with my family in Wisconsin. I just wish my family actually got along so that I could enjoy my independence from FI for a week and a half, but it looks like it's going to be a long second half of break.

I'll be saying some prayers for you ladies as well. We are so blessed to have a Maker who loves us so dearly and wants to listen to our struggles and burdens, our joys and our praises.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be thinking about all of you in my prayers!!

Jenn-I have a tendency to get overwhelmed and have panic attacks too, luckily I've only had one since we got engaged and it was stressing about the budget. Then I saw a church marquis that said, "If you're worrying about it, you're not trusting God." It really helped to put things in perspective and allow me to take more deep breaths instead of letting everything pile up on me. And just remember, you have your FI and your faith, and those in itself are great blessings!

I need a prayer for Thursday and Sunday! We're going to New York and those are the days we'll be flying and it just makes me nervous. 
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My week is going to be crazy busy, but also very exciting!

Tonight is my farewell/Christmas dinner with my admin team.
    Wednesday my church is throwing me a bridal shower.
    Thursday is my final (half) day at work, and FI and I will pick up our marriage license and then fly to WA for Christmas with my family.
    And on Sunday my family is throwing us an engagement party. :)

I can definitely tell the wedding is getting closer. ;)

But praise God also for keeping me as calm as He has, given how busy my life is right now! :)

• edited December 2011
    dordtgrl- I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. Don't take it to heart. Your Heavenly Father loves you and you are beautiful. How He views you is all that matters! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_whats-plate-this-week-prayers-praises?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:59d5a3b1-70a7-469c-a77b-ff07f4e024fbPost:4acf41a7-2c8e-4dde-95a3-12306307667e">Re: What's on your plate this week? Prayers, Praises?</a>:
    [QUOTE]dordtgrl- I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. Don't take it to heart. Your Heavenly Father loves you and you are beautiful. How He views you is all that matters! 
    Posted by AshNoel8[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's great to hear the encouraging words of others.
  • squeakyducksqueakyduck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thinking and praying for all of you!

I just have one major praise this week and it's that I'm officially a college graduate! 

(and I got great grades on all my finals! yay!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    WOOT, congrats rentaduckie!  

I posted an update on a more recent post about "making it to sunday"    It hasn't been the easiest week for me, but it has been fulfilling.  Now, just gotta take each hour at a time and make the best of it!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards