Military Brides

Upcoming E-Photo Help!

So we're taking e-photos in August, and I'm trying to figure out outfits!  I don't want to be too matchy-matchy, but some idea of what would coordinate well.

We're planning on taking outdoor photos, some near a lighthouse and some at a vineyard. 

I want at least two outfit changes - one more formal and one more casual.

I bought this gorgeous blue dress with ruffles on the bottom that I'll probably wear as our formal outfit.  I was thinking of putting FI in a white button down, dark jeans, and his nice black shoes.   He doesn't want to wear his uniforms for E-photos - his choice, not mine.

For casual, he's got this awesome Nautica polo shirt in like teal shades.  I was going to have him wear that with khaki shorts and flip flops - what should I wear?  I don't really have a flattering pair of shorts myself.  Should I put him in jeans instead?  Or a different look entirely?

Please feel free to post inspiration pictures!!!

Anniversary

Re: Upcoming E-Photo Help!

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no pics to post, since we didn't do any e-pics.  

Do you have any skirts you like to wear?  Or could you find a casual khaki skirt?  I think that or even just you in jeans could be cute with just a white top next to his outfit.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Beach, I was going to suggest a skirt or even jeans would do too. How about another dress? But a very casual one. 

If you end up with jeans, I think your FI should wear jeans for the casual look too. His shorts next to your jeans might look odd, I can't really picture it in my head. White seem to always be a good color for e-pics, especially next to greens and such. Try to stick to solids, patterns don't come up well in pictures sometimes. 

We did E pics but didn't have any outift changes(we had to travel an hour to Tokyo for it) Here are some pictures: 

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely want to wear pants or capris for the casual since I'm already wearing a dress in the more formal outfits.  We're such goofballs, and I want some pictures with him giving me a piggyback or something, ya know?  And that can't happen in a skirt!

I should have said - the inspiration photos don't need to be your own!  Though Kara, yours are so cute and capture that 'fun' vibe I want!   I'm looking for more outfit inspiration pictures, so even pictures from like some fashion model in an outfit (though I lack the fashion model's body - I'm more of a Julia Stiles).

Anniversary

• Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say, I think yellow would look nice with teal but I'm not a fashion expert so it's just a thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks C!

I know you said you don't have a nice pair of shorts but so many of them are on sale right! What about something like this?

This is my sister btw, this was their "casual" look. And I agree with Sammy yellow would be such a nice color, especially with khaki shorts/capris
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Teal is my favorite color.

FI wore a light blue long sleeved button down with khakis in his non-uniform pics, and I loved it! I would put him in khakis rather than jeans for the formal ones, and toss him in jeans for the casual ones. I think most man legs don't photograph well, lol. It's the hair.

Picture

Sorry, I probably gave you more than you wanted...
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Stan: I love your E pics, they have always been one of my favorites! They're just so beautiful! 
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kara! I loved yours too, and I can't wait for Calindi's. 

I love engagement photos. I love wedding photos too, but I think most of the time you get more personality out of engagement photos.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_upcoming-e-photo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:4b36b246-388d-4f43-a688-5f4f05d622f5Post:cff14b16-16a7-40ef-9bdd-d8dbe6ccb98e">Re: Upcoming E-Photo Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Kara! I loved yours too, and I can't wait for Calindi's.<strong>  I love engagement photos. I love wedding photos too, but I think most of the time you get more personality out of engagement photos.</strong>
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Stan! And I completely agree with bolded. I also can't wait to see how Calindi's pics will turn out! </div>
  • edited December 2011
    We did a slightly formal, and then more casual pics too. We just made sure to compliment each other, but didn't worry about our actual tiem of the year or anything..

yay for people's e-pics. I looove them. Kara I have never seen yours! Love! Stan already knows I love hers. :D

• kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    FTL: Thanks! I have more under my Planning bio under Photo Galleries if you'd like to see more. 
  • edited December 2011
    The only thing I have to say is that I kind of hate when couples do E-Pics and it's completely obvious that it's like Christmas, or like very obviously Summer due to the sheen on sweat on the happy couples faces. I just think that E-Pics should to classic and timeless. Just like with Wedding photos. I hate to see Wedding and E-Pics that are obviously circa 1986. And can I just say that I am all for matchy/coordinating pics. I've seen E-Pics where the couple was dressed in just white button downs and khakis, and to me, they are incredible! I really like this pic:

Except for the guys really strange expression. It reminds me of when babies are pooping in their diapers, and like they have to concentrate on it or something.. go figure (Though clearly, I'm not ready for little ones)

http://www.chicagoillinoisweddingphotography.com/2010/06/22/chicago-beach-engagement-photos-pictures-images/
    ^^I like these too.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My only input is that I think you in capris would probably look fine with him in shorts, but I also agree with Stan that most man legs don't photograph well, lol. Jeans on both of you couldn't go wrong!

I hope you have so much fun! All the e-pics I've seen are so adorable! I want to do them, but Fi isn't thrilled with the idea since we're looking for a photographer in the area our wedding will be, but neither of us live there currently so we'd have to travel up there.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards