African American Weddings
Options

NWR: I went to see Sex and the City...well only half of it!

So some friends and I made a date to see Sex and the City on opening day. My 2 girlfriends and my one girlfriend's best gay friend went and had food and martinis at applebees. When I picked up my friend and her gay friend they were already drunk. We then picked up my second friend.

All the girls had 2 martinis at the resturant and then we went to the CVS across from the resturant and in the same shopping center as the theater. I got wine coolers and my friends ended up with 4 packs of mini wine bottles. We went in the movie and stuff and once the lights went down we started drinking. I didn't notice my second friend who was sitting next to me was drinking wayyyy more than she should in a little amount of time. The whole first hour of the movie we laughed and whispered convos. My second friend is very talkative in movies and suddenly she got really quiet. Next thing I know she turns to me and says, "I'm not feeling so well." I ask her how many bottles did she drink and she responds, "3" I was soooo shocked. I then went in my purse and pulled out a water bottle because I realized she had not gotten water.

We snuck the alcohol in the theater in our large purses,

Then she starts to gag like she is going to vomit. My other friend says she needs to go to the restroom because she can't puke in the theater. My friend won't budge and finally I get her to move. I take her to the bathroom and a few minutes later my other friend comes telling me that the people in front of us are not happy and were talking about getting security. My sick friend and I left our pures in the theater and she also left her shoes. I had to go get our stuff. I didn't even realized when I grabbed her purse it had puke on it because it was dark. We then left the theater bcause we didn't want to get kicked out. It is agiasnt theater rules to bring in alcohol and we didn't want to get banned.

We ended up at Jack and the Box to get her food and then to my house to let he sober up because she didn't want to go home drunk because her mom would get mad, which I can't understand why, she is a grown woman at 23 and if she wants to drink she is of age. My mom came home and she thought it was funny and helped us in getting her sober by giving her tips.
I had a skype call with my FI and he thought it was so funny. He wants to see the movie when he comes out here so I might actually get to see the whole movie with my FI.

When the first Sex and the City movie came out I was working at the theater and it was the busiest time and they say during that movie was the most alcohol they had ever found in the theater at one single time.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: NWR: I went to see Sex and the City...well only half of it!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry - I can't help but laugh behind that one.  Too funny!  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-went-see-sex-citywell-only-half-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2bd71c10-7e0f-4af7-8c59-441968562607Post:9839c63d-dabc-418c-b632-1bbffd055084">Re: NWR: I went to see Sex and the City...well only half of it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry - I can't help but laugh behind that one.  Too funny!  :)
    Posted by raganw[/QUOTE]

Girl after the fact I have laughed so much about it. While she was in the bathroom throwing up I just told her, "Well at least you have a memory."
    Photobucket
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I saw it last night and was thinking a drink would be nice..LOL...

Interesting fact about the amount of alcohol at the first one... :)
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL... I'm so sneaking in some wine to all my movies from now on lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-went-see-sex-citywell-only-half-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2bd71c10-7e0f-4af7-8c59-441968562607Post:4b048310-653d-4714-9628-0568436d1344">Re: NWR: I went to see Sex and the City...well only half of it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL... I'm so sneaking in some wine to all my movies from now on lol...
    Posted by TwinsRib[/QUOTE]

...sounds like a plan

@JKeyes- you had more drama than the movie,lol
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Too funny!!!  I just can't see me forgetting my shoes or bag...no matter how drunk or sober!! LOL
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear that happened, but it does sound funny. Is everybody okay now?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-went-see-sex-citywell-only-half-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:2bd71c10-7e0f-4af7-8c59-441968562607Post:74483717-b248-4eff-8dff-277c08a37371">Re: NWR: I went to see Sex and the City...well only half of it!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear that happened, but it does sound funny. Is everybody okay now?
    Posted by KMB611[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are all fine. That particular friend is not allowed to drink ever when we go out.
    Photobucket
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards