Snarky Brides

Morning!

Re: Morning!

• Dmills- I'm so sorry. That sucks. :-(
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:f2ec1f49-e642-4392-bb48-ef7566be3c24">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph, do you pick up the poo after they go so it's not in the yard? As soon as he goes, shoo him away from his and clean it up. Yoshi will go after other dog poop when we're on walks, but leaves his own alone. What is the pineapple things?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>Adding pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, spinach, and even I've heard of canned pumpkin tastes great to the dogs but turn into a nasty taste in excrement.  Therefore the dog will be turned off from eating it's own stool.</div><div>
    </div><div>A lot of dogs also do that depending on the food they eat (nutritional quality).  Somtimes, I found, some dogs just seem to like poop.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Talking to my doctor gets me nowhere. The last time I brought it up he told me I should be glad I've lost anything at all. When I pushed he refered me to some clinic where they give you a 1200 calorie diet and it was so cookie cutter and a total waste of time. In my experience, he is not remotely helpful in regards to my weight loss goals.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:960cb251-5549-43eb-b7b6-61c5c10d072e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Talking to my doctor gets me nowhere. The last time I brought it up he told me I should be glad I've lost anything at all. When I pushed he refered me to some clinic where they give you a 1200 calorie diet and it was so cookie cutter and a total waste of time. In my experience, he is not remotely helpful in regards to my weight loss goals.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Has he tested your thyroid?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    I'm sorry dmill :(
  • oh, pumpkin works too? We'll try that since we have a can at home anyway :) I think it started when it was like 20 below zero for a few days and the poop was so hard he just didn't realize what it was. ha

Duds- no. We used to just pick it up once/week or so. now that he's eating it, we're usually out there every other day or so to pick it up. Since the yard is fenced in, they like to hang outside for an hour or so at a time, so we're usually not out there with them.
  • Dmill, I'm sorry.  That sucks huge. 

lbarr, kitchen appliances!
    YIO, in my dream kitchen I'd have a counter depth, bottom freezer, french door fridge with an induction range and all those bells and whistles.  With this not being our forever home, and us being cheap/me going on half salary for a year soon, we're a little more budget minded.  We're still going bottom freezer, but probably not french door.

Sept.  I forget what I was going to say to you.  So, HI PRETTY LADY!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks, ladies. As stupid as it sounds, other than losing the insurance, I think it's a huge blessing. We've been kind of expecting it for a little while. His job is super stressful and is really hard on him with his anxiety. I think we might take this as the perfect opportunity for him to go back to school and get out of the BS that he's been doing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hmmm, icky. luckily I haven't caught Jett eating that! Not to turn this to a puppy convo, but my poor puppy got royally beat up at daycare the other day. He has a huge cut down his neck, another above his eye, and a huge scab under his ear. I feel so bad for him because he's so goodnatured. I feel like he's mad when we take him back there. He's been really sad about it too, when we go to scratch him, like, "Hey, those scabs your scratching? It was really scary when the other dog attacked me and I'm going to make you feel guilty for not being there to stop him!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:7d639dc1-0f9b-41e5-9360-5c4aabf610c9">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>oh, pumpkin works too?</strong> We'll try that since we have a can at home anyway :) I think it started when it was like 20 below zero for a few days and the poop was so hard he just didn't realize what it was. ha Duds- no. We used to just pick it up once/week or so. now that he's eating it, we're usually out there every other day or so to pick it up. Since the yard is fenced in, they like to hang outside for an hour or so at a time, so we're usually not out there with them.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup!  I double checked how much and it's about 2-4 tablespoons of it mixed with their food.  I always start on the conservative side when changing/adding something to a dog's diet.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:29c39a42-8902-4e36-8fc8-bf18352fd9e2">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] That said, I'm in a crummy mood. I'm working out (with my new hrm), eating crazy well and my weight isn't fucking budging and I'm getting mighty ticked off. I'm drinking fucking lemon water to cut bloat, I've cut out salty late night snacks, wtf more do I have to do?! Most people do all that and the weight melts off :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Nebb I'm having the same issue. It's either my thyroid (which I just had tested, results Apr 9) or my hormones. My BP is up because of my weight gain, so it's a vicious cycle. I plan to talk to my gyno on Monday about it. {{hugs}}

Today is not much of anything, again! I just realized it will be 2 weeks as of Saturday we are leaving for England. I have to buy some things!

Hike! Congrats lady!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh yeah, and Congrats Hike!!  That's really exciting.  I won't lie, I'm totally terrified about how my life is going to change.  Excited, but terrified.

Sept, I remember now.  Keep watching TWD.  It gets so awesome.  Then order AMC, and we'll come watch new ones at your house.  :P
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations Hike I also missed that Rho is pregnant. DMill, That sucks. I hope you guys can get everything worked out quick. I know it's not ideal but, from what I understand, welfare medical coverage won't turn down a pregnant woman or a baby for insurance. It's just something to keep in mind if you need it or if your copays are really high.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Nebb, can you see another doctor?

Dmills, I'm sorry. That blows.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:90658eff-cc76-4abd-a1ee-9f6445cac217">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! :

That sucks. Has he tested your thyroid?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Every year and its always fine. I've always lost weight insanely slow but no one has ever bothered to try and figure out why. Its not as important to doctors as to me even though they never hesitate to tell me I need to lose it.
  • HOLD UP. When did I miss Rho's announcement? That's great!
  • Dmill, that's so sucky.  I'm sorry :(

Raynes, that's exciting!  I love appliances but alas, wont own a house for a VERY long time.  

Jenna, what did the daycare say about the scrapes?  Did they treat them at all?  Where I used to work, dogs would play rough and accidents would happen.  Other times we just had ahole dogs that were nasty and they'd get a "time out."  lol
  • aww, Jenna. That sucks.  Where do you take him for day care?

and. guys. My boss just got in and surprised us with donuts! woohoo. That will substitute my bagel craving for the day. :)
  • edited March 2012
    Congratulations! That is so awesome-- not the sick part, so feel better soon!

ETA: Damn TK did not quote my quote! It was supposed to quote Hike's announcement!
  • Dmill- that really sucks. Good luck with getting it sorted out!

Nebb- Have you thought about trying that calorie cycling thing? (I think it is Raynes that has done that??) I am having the same issue, but I only just really started trying to lose so I don't think I am in the same exact position.

Congrats Hike!!

Morning all!  I am debating staying up later tonight to try and see some northern lights. I guess they are supposed to be pretty decent tonight due to the solar storm. They are supposed to be strongest around 11 PM, at least where I live. I usually go to bed way early, but I think I want to see them.
  • Kate- have you seen Northern Lights before? They're amazing. I don't think I've ever seen them down in The Cities, but we have up north in MN before. And we saw the most amazing ones when I was in AK for a week.

I had heard we should see some cool ones tonight (solar flares or something right?), but I didn't know what time. 11 is way past my bed time. ;)
  • Steph- He goes to the Woof Room in Roseville. Obviously we understand that dogs will fight and we aren't mad at them, I just feel bad for him since he can't tell us what happened! ;) Plus he's so dark so when the scabs fall of there is a big white patch for a few weeks. Oh well!

I hope its nice enough out tonight to go on a jog with the little guy, in preparation for the 5K I'm running on Saturday.
  • ugh. I don't like Woof Room... ha. We've never actually brought our dogs there, but it's run by two girls who used to be MN Knotties and we didn't along too well when I was mod. Plus, it's really small, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:41259650-a2fb-4856-9b0a-6f036f37a77e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : This does sound like a good time to be doing something like that.  What is he doing now and what would he want to get into?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    He's a route supervisor for a medical waste company. When people have surgeries and amputations, they're the people that dispose of the useless body parts. Shiit happens all the time so the hours are ridiculous. They also have to pick up at places that do abortions and it goes against our own personal beliefs, so that's hard for him. He's had to take a lot of really bad shiit from protesters and stuff. There's a group of people that are very anti his company and have a website that is dedicated to talking shiit about the company. They have a picture of Michaels truck at a planned parenthood with a banner that says "murderer" across it. It's been hard for him, so I think he'll be so much better off without the job. The main reason he's stayed is because of the amazing benefits. We'll never get benefits like what he had again :(<div>
    </div><div>Fortunately my company offers a really good package, it's just expensive. And I'm going to have to pay the smoker rates because I'll be just short of the cut off of when you had to quit smoking to not pay the extra. It could be a lot worse, so I'm thankful that we still have options, it'll all work out. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Steph- I don't remember ever seeing them- maybe as a kid. So if it is clear out tonight I am hoping I can stay up that late to catch them for once.

Jenna- I would feel really bad for my doggie also if that happened. I have such terrible guilt over that damn dog though it isn't even funny. (like if we leave him alone too much or he has to be kenneled or something)
  • NebbNebb member
    I did the calorie cycling last year and it didn't garner much loss, 6lbs? I went back on the pill last september and that's the only thing to keep my weight steady. When I was off it I was gaining 2-3lbs a week. I'm using spark people right now and I'm literally weighing everything so I know its accurate and I only go over my cals maybe once a week (and not by a lot) so I can't justify why I'm not losing anything. I'm trying to convince myself that its me gaining muscle or bloated cause I'm due to get my period tomorrow or saturday but I know those are weak excuses and I can't rely on them. Docs are really hard to come by here :( I feel discouraged and at a disadvantage cause I already eat quite well, I can't just cut something out and have it make a difference, like some people just starting. I've been doing this for a while now :(
  • Congratulations, Hike!! I have to study today since my clinical social work licensing exam is on Tuesday, bleh. But I wanted to drop in to say good morning and test out posting from my new iPhone. My droid bit the dust and Verizon was nice enough to just let us upgrade early instead of waiting til July, so H and I both got iPhone 4S. I was worried that Siri wouldn't understand me since my speech isn't perfect but so far so good!
  • oh wow Dmill. That's horrible. Sounds like it might be for the best for him to change careers :) What does he want to do?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:5ac111db-0530-4c2a-b5c8-89d64307ace7">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ugh. I don't like Woof Room... ha. We've never actually brought our dogs there, but it's run by two girls who used to be MN Knotties and we didn't along too well when I was mod. Plus, it's really small, right?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Really?! Hmm. It is definitely run by two women who have a wedding planning business!

It's actually huge, a big warehouse type building. They have tons of room to run, but probably less supervision because of it. We only take him there for weekday sessions, otherwise he goes to a nice smaller place with an awesome webcam. That place is always SO excited to see him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02950c08-3575-4887-b1b4-607736c8bd97Post:6699a0f3-ba40-4e1b-997f-75d594fdcf92">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning. Congrats, Hike! That's awesome :) I must have missed that Rho was having a baby, too. Congrats, Rho! I'm at work and in a super shitty mood. Michael lost his job yesterday and he's the one that carries the insurance. So now I have to get the insurance started through my work (which is way more expensive) and make sure that my doctor is in-network. If he is, it's still gonna suck to go to my first appt with one insurance, and have to switch it at my next one. Bleh. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! Oh D, I'm so sorry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards