May 2012 Weddings

FG help, please.

So we have two flower girls, one is my baby sister (she's 5, my dad remarried) and the other is my cousin (she's 7). I was going to have my cousin act as ring bearer and carry our rings in a ring dish from Paloma's Nest. My sister was going to carry a "here comes the bride" banner. My dilemma is this, I don't want to make the banner. I'm way DIYed out and just don't want another project. So I can either buy one or scrap the idea all together. I don't want to spend a lot of money if I buy it. But if I don't buy it, I don't know what else to have her carry. If I can't come up with anything, I guess I'll just have our florist make a mini bouquet. Ideas?

ETA: my cousin is 7, not 9. Sorry!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FG help, please.

• my FG is carrying a pomander. You could do that instead of a bouquet. You could also have it made in fake flowers. For my FG it is I think like $10-$15.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I made a "HCTB" banner for my three nephews to carry on Vistaprint for super cheap. 
    It is also the type of thing that people probably sell after they are married, so maybe look around for a cheap one. 
    A pomander is cute too. 
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I would check out Vista Print or Etsy, but if you find they are to $$ just have her carry a bouquet.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • my flower girls are carrying pomander balls. I ordered them from afloral.com for a great price. They call them "kissing balls"

Photobucket
  • I totally didn't even think of VP. I found some on Etsy that are reasonable (IMO). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm having a pomodour... My niece is less than 2 (yes, I know it will be chaos but her brother's are rignbearers at 3.5 and she'll probably just be carried by daddy anyways). 

So what I did was go into Michaels when they had a sale on fake flowers. Got 2 hydrangea flowers (for about $7) cut the heads off the stems, am tying the stems together and attaching a ribbon for her to carry it.

It's a low stress half-a$$ed DIY for something that can be tossed around and be fine :-) 
  • Etsy has some fairly cheap ones. I was/am still considering using the banner.

It not, I've seen some flower girls carry one single flower or a mini bouquet. And there's always the pomander option.
    Anniversary
  • I've seen a lot of those "here comes the bride" signs on sale here on TK, so maybe keep watch.  Another idea is to have one of them toss out petals from a basket, like flower girls traditionally do (or used to, anyways!)
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • check craigslist...I've seen a ton of that type of stuff listed on craigslist...people dont want to keep it post-wedding.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I'm getting my "Here Comes the Bride" banner on Etsy for $20. But if you want to scratch the banner idea altogether, I'd go with a pomander!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards